Need help real bad starting issue

ricky07busa

Registered
Had my 07 in the shop cant seem to fix this problem, please help. When i ride my bike for a little while, then park it. If i let it sit for 4 or 5 hours, then go to start, it will only crank wont start. If i crack the throttle a little it will start, but has a real bad fuel smell, like its flooding. The carbs have been synched and the tps is ok. No fi light. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, Ricky! to the .oRg! You may want to try and run some injector cleaner. Use a good guality cleaner like Tech something or other, or Seafoam, or there are others. Do not mix with some cheap convenient store diesel fuel but be sure and use the entire can mixed in the appropriate amounts. In other words, it will probably take two tanks. Try this as an inexpensive and necessary maintainence procedure for starters. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Sorry about not remember the full name of the Tech stuff but it is good (probably the best) injector cleaner currently on the market. Welcome again and I hope you enjoy your stay!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Hey, Ricky! to the .oRg! You may want to try and run some injector cleaner. Use a good guality cleaner like Tech something or other, or Seafoam, or there are others. Do not mix with some cheap convenient store diesel fuel but be sure and use the entire can mixed in the appropriate amounts. In other words, it will probably take two tanks. Try this as an inexpensive and necessary maintainence procedure for starters. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Sorry about not remember the full name of the Tech stuff but it is good (probably the best) injector cleaner currently on the market. Welcome again and I hope you enjoy your stay!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Techron.
Or BG44K
SeaFoam was already mentioned.
Lots of choices between the 3.

Sounds like your fast idle (choke) may need adjusting too, esp if you get it to go by opening the throttle.

Last edited:
I have bg44 in the shop i work in. Are we assuming the injectors are dirty? I had the fast idle looked at, no problems found, was suggested to check throttle slack, and correct idle speed, all checked ok. Will try 44k first. I have never owned a busa before, would like someone in tulsa or okla city area, who knows alot about these bikes to ride mine tell me if it rides ok, seems to vibrate alot and i dont feel all this power. Let me know if someone is interested, but i really want someone who knows!!!

James, are you there!?! Give twotonevert a ringy dingy, if he can't he'll know someone who can! Just pm him and use 'twotonevert' in the recipient's name box. He'll most likely answer you right away. :beerchug:

do i put the whole 11oz can of bg44 in tank? or do a mix in only half? also what octane fuel should i use? frame shows 87 octane, i been running 91 in it. will 91 hurt it. thanks

do i put the whole 11oz can of bg44 in tank? or do a mix in only half? also what octane fuel should i use? frame shows 87 octane, i been running 91 in it. will 91 hurt it. thanks

If you mix the BG44K as per instructions I think it is about 1/3 of a can per tank, for 3 tankfulls.
Use it all and see if it is any better after the 3 tanks.
I run 91 octane and it works well for me.
Won't hurt anything.
Good Luck!

Back