Malfunction code C23--please help guys!!

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I had my bike just die on me on the way home from work yesterday. I originally thought I had gotten some bad gas because I had only gotten about a mile and a half from the gas station where I had filled up...I took my tank off and drained the fuel, then filled it back up and tried it again... It will start and run for a few moments, but then dies and the FI light comes on and blinks.... I checked the codes and it's giving me the "C23" code---which is saying the tip-over sensor is screwing up...can anybody point me in the direction of where I can find one on the web???? and price??? as to the best you know of??
I appreciate the help in advance!!!!:thumbsup:

I had a problem last year where if I had to come to a fairly hard stop the bike would die. Did some troubleshooting and found that it was the tip over sensor. Took it apart and there were 2 little rivets in it that had worked loose, and were allowing some metal on metal contact which was closing the circuit and killing the bike. I just used some automotive goop on each side of the little bar that the rivets hold in place and fixed the problem. There was probably a better way to do it but it worked anyway.

Chances are if you take it apart you should be able to fix whatever is wrong in it. You will see what I mean if you take it off and take it apart, it is a really simple design.

I will be taking it off tomorrow afternoon and checking it out---- thanks enforcer
and as far as pics markiee43, ain't much to see except for me rantin' and ravin' over the problem...I'm just getting the fault code and blinking FI light-- after it sits for a minute with everything off, I can turn power back on and turn on the kill switch and the fuel pump will prime the rail, and the bike will start and run but only long enough to burn what fuel is in the rail line...That's what made me automatically think fuel pump, but the error code I'm gettin' says C23 which is the tip over sensor... and the sensor of course is designed to kill the fuel pump...so I got to investigate this sensor tomorrow...may just be a faulty wire or something--I'll post up what I find in case it might be able to help someone else down the road if it happens to them..

I have some if you need a new one...also check to be sure bracket that holds it didn't break...resistance is what makes those work..

I finally got to check out the problem today and guess what I found??? Got the tank up and looked in the area where the TO sensor is...and it ain't there!! Looked down and the sensor is laying down around the shock...GoldenChild hit the nail right on the head--- dang bracket has broken around where they have the two dimples that connect the sensor bracket to the metal arm coming off the main plate that holds the gas tank assembly to the frame... broke smooth off--- very poor design in my opinion to dimple the bracket to that arm. By dimpling those two pieces they weakened the metal at those joints--I've been in the aerospace business (metal working being my trade) for over 17 years now and they would have been a lot better in their design to have riveted those two pieces together in my opinion... I can at least take that bracket with me to work tomorrow and fix it up right with some riveting!!!

Good day Guys. I have a 2004 with modifications. My bike starts and then dies. As I put it into dealer mode it flashes C23 and C41. Can someone be of assistance to me please

Good day Guys. I have a 2004 with modifications. My bike starts and then dies. As I put it into dealer mode it flashes C23 and C41. Can someone be of assistance to me please
Might be one in the same. A faulty tip over switch displays C23 which in turn cuts voltage to the fuel pump causing c41.
Perhaps inspect the tip over,go from there.
Rubb.

Back