Need Help

phill0114

Registered
Having problems getting my forks put back in. Have a Gen 2 took forks out to have them painted. Now can't get them back in, grease them up still no luck.

I have a Gen 1 and a Gixer. I assume the tubes go in the upper and lower triple tree clamps the same way on a Gen 2. I would not grease them. Are you using a small wedge of some type to open the clamp? I usually just use a screw driver. Tap it in gently to open the clamp.

As has been mentioned, do not use grease! The stock clamps are a tight fit (by design) to the anodized tubes, so painting them has likely removed any tolerance. Not saying it cant be done, but it might be a real pain!

Thanks everyone finally got it! Was the lowing triple tree that was stopping it! Had to take that off and it went on just fine. Then put the lowing tree back on! Thanks again!!!

" lowing tree "

??? A picture would be good. Not sure what you're talking about there. Maybe a handlebar holder that allows the tubes to pass thru so you can drop the front end a little... (Lowering Triple Tree Top Clamp) Whatever I guess. As long as you got it back together...

Back