lowering fork's back down?

Mike C

Registered
what is the proper way to lower the fork's back down? I put the 1" spacer's on and moved my fork's up to the triple clamp but now I want to move them back down a little bit.any idea's? thank's

Best way is to lift the front off of the ground without using the front forks, then just loosen the bolts enough that you can slide them back down. You can't use a fork style lift, and the wheel must be off of the ground.

One way to lift front off ground would be to support rear with rear stand, then use a jack under the oil pan (us something to spread weight across pipes if possible) then jack up front of bike this way. Have friends around because bike won't be very stable jacked up like that.

Good luck.

I just picked the bike up and carefully positioned two jack stands under my frame sliders sitting on concreat blocks. The slid the forks back down!!! kinda redneckish but it worked.:beerchug:

In some cases if you leave one side tight and just barely loosen one side, you can slide the fork tube back into the position you want. Then move on to the other side. A little WD-40 never hurts either. This doesn't always work but if you don't have a front steering neck style stand, its worth a try.

In some cases if you leave one side tight and just barely loosen one side, you can slide the fork tube back into the position you want. Then move on to the other side. A little WD-40 never hurts either. This doesn't always work but if you don't have a front steering neck style stand, its worth a try.

thank's I tryed to do it one at a time and it would not budge. I will try to get the front up on a piece of wood or something so my jack will fit under it and try to get the front wheel off the ground and see if that will work.

Just make sure the bike is stable before you go pulling on the forks...don't want a tip over.
:beerchug:

Put the bike on the rear stand, find a suitable place to attach two ratchet straps trusses, garage door header,etc. then loop the ends around your bars. Slowly ratchet the front up just so the front wheel is about an inch off the ground. Loosen allen bolts on the upper and lower clamp, then pull and twist down on each tube until their positioned where you want them. Tighten clamps to 16.5ft-lbs, upper and lower. Release both straps at the same time. Don't lift the bike any higher than you have to, hope this helps:beerchug:

Another way if you don't have a front stand is to have your Busa on the kickstand. Loosen the right side fork tube, then have a good strong friend grab the handlebars and pull up. Slide/work the fork tube down. It does work. Then do the other side.

Another way if you don't have a front stand is to have your Busa on the kickstand. Loosen the right side fork tube, then have a good strong friend grab the handlebars and pull up. Slide/work the fork tube down. It does work. Then do the other side.

I guess I forgot the part about having a friend to pull up on the bars.

thank's for the help. I was able to put it on the rear stand and place a small hyd. jack under the oil pan and jack the front wheel up enough to raise the fork's.

Back