Need Help With Headlight Problem!

LFLOREZ79

Registered
I own a 2007 Busa and it keeps blowing the low beam light bulb.... I I have gone thru 3 bulbs and now I just need to know how to find the problem... I had found something about checking the amperage to the headlight with a volt meter but am not exactly positive how to do that? please help? :dunno:

I own a 2007 Busa and it keeps blowing the low beam light bulb.... I I have gone thru 3 bulbs and now I just need to know how to find the problem... I had found something about checking the amperage to the headlight with a volt meter but am not exactly positive how to do that? please help? :dunno:
Best thing to do is remove the front cowling and check for broken/damaged wires/melted wires. If you don't do a retrofit hids look awful. I had no luck with Xentec so i went with a real HID kit.

Really the difference in the bulbs and the retrofit is, do you want to light up the road or just the road signs.

There's the correct way then there'sthe half A$$ way. But its your machine. If you happy, I'm happy just ride it like you stole it. Unless it is stolen.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. The first two gen 2 busas I owned had the Same issue (2011/14), I kept blowing the main headlight (H7) bulb . In 6 months on my 2011 model it first blew after 2 months then over the next 9 months It blew 5 times. My suspicion is its Suzuki's weak point I the electrics. Part of the problem lies with the lights being hardwired on.also the bulbs are cheap crap with little lifespan. Go for the blue bulb made by Narva or help a. German bulbs are good too. If in doubt get your local autoelectrian to do a surge/spike check on it. Cheers

Back