Blown Headlight Bulbs

I went to ride home last night from my gym and I realized I had no headlights, high or low beam. I went to the store this afternoon and bought exact replacement bulbs H7 and 9005, and installed them properly, started the bike to go meet a training client, and presto, no lights again. Before I started the bike, the new bulbs worked fine. The fuses didn't blow, no other lights are affected, and everything else is in order. What's going on?

??? could there be a stripped wire or something. thats really odd. for both to blow it has to be something besides the bulbs. maybe in the wireing.

Sounds to me like the power/ground off the relay is pinched somewhere causing a short, have you had the body work off lately????

Check your voltage at the battery, you may have a bad voltage regulator!

Check your voltage at the battery, you may have a bad voltage regulator!

When I got my 05LE both headlights were blown. They had started it without the rectifier and I wonder if that caused it. Both bulbs were blown. Replaced them both and put on my 06 rectifier and good to go.

I put the voltmeter to it and it went up to 14 and a little change when tached up to @ 5k
Funny thing is, both headlights work again. I assumed they were blown, but I guess not.

A short, a nick, a wet connection, etc in the headlight wiring perhaps?

Back