Headlights

Bandit

Registered
Is there a replacement headlight bulb that can be used that is "bright white" for the low and high beam and can be run all the time?

I didn't really want to go HID unless another option is not available.

Thanks

i think you are looking for Halogen super whites that can be bought from Ebay.
I have not tried them personally.

I like my HID.

Any bulb you buy will most likely cost you as much as an hid kit from DDM.
Just get HIDs . You won't regret it .
Easy to install and lots of folks here to help walk you thru it .

Any bulb you buy will most likely cost you as much as an hid kit from DDM.
Just get HIDs . You won't regret it .
Easy to install and lots of folks here to help walk you thru it .

Listen to Blanca Busa! :poke::rulez: He knows what he is talking about!:whistle::laugh:

Blanca has a very detailed thread on his HID install. If I needed more lumens on the road, I'd go that route. Those bulbs made for cars will not handle the vibration a bike endures and won't last long. The PIAA replacement is a bit brighter, but at $65 they're output vs cost isn't worth it. If you want light, go HID.

Bite the bullet and get HIDs.
Problem solved. The bulbs you're looking for cost just as much as an HID kit.
I've looked, just get the HIDs man.

how about a link to blancas install for the hid? maybe a link for the suggested kit?

I would like to run the low and high beam at all times. Should I get the 35w for both? Also, I want the bulb closest to a pure white that I can get, would that be 6000k? Will everything I need come in the kit?

Sorry for the ???'s. It's just that I use this bike a lot for riding double on long trips and I am a little paranoid that something might happen with HID's. I've carried an extra set of headlight bulbs since I bought the bike new if that gives you any idea.

I would like to run the low and high beam at all times. Should I get the 35w for both? Also, I want the bulb closest to a pure white that I can get, would that be 6000k? Will everything I need come in the kit?

Sorry for the ???'s. It's just that I use this bike a lot for riding double on long trips and I am a little paranoid that something might happen with HID's. I've carried an extra set of headlight bulbs since I bought the bike new if that gives you any idea.

5000 will give you the closest pure white you can get but that pure white may disappear in your average daylight . This is why I went with 6000 as well as many others. These project a bright white with just the slightest hint of blue and they are very easily seen by others during the day.
I ride with both hi and lo on all the time day and night. Have had them in since I did thread linked above and have had zero problems with them . Simple install and yes they will come with everything you need .
You should however read the linked GenII HID install thread above though cuz you will also see links in it to order two replacement LEDs for the running lights in corners of the headlight itself . If you don't replace those the HIDs will be bright and white and the two factory running lights will be yellow .
You want all to match . Yes you should get the 35w kit as the 55w is overkill in my opinion .
Ask as many questions as you want , we are here to help . :beerchug:

Last edited:
What year is your bike ?
Make sure you get the right ones cuz bulbs for genI are diff than for GenII.

Get at least 6k HID if you want others to see you on the road during the day. That's the sole purpose of running daytime headlight isn't it? Just low HID will give you plenty of light to run at all times. BIG improvement over stock. Running high and low all time will only BLIND other traffic and probably get you pulled over.

the most important modification i did on my bike was the bixenon lighting designed and performed by Ogre. I had HID lighting on the bike and was not satisfied with the lumen output. When u are doing 70 on rural roads even the HID setup lacks enough candle power. HID is alot better than factory..but bixenon is the only solution that I am personally going to stake my life on. Both lights are on all of the time and when you hit the high...I can literally see 200 yds down the road. My wife's Mercedes has the same affect when it is lit up....Bixenons aren't cheap..but there is not one thing you can do on that bike that is more important than being able to see what's coming at you from up the road.."word"...

Get at least 6k HID if you want others to see you on the road during the day. That's the sole purpose of running daytime headlight isn't it? Just low HID will give you plenty of light to run at all times. BIG improvement over stock. Running high and low all time will only BLIND other traffic and probably get you pulled over.

All depends on where you live . Here in South Florida the streets are lit up at night and riding with my hi beams on has never once caused anyone to flash their lights at me or be blinded. In a more rural area I can see how my lights would affect others though . Also recommended in motorcycle handbook here to have both on to increase your visibility to others on the road .
Here day and night both mine are on as Granny is always not looking where she's goin :laugh:

Back