HID Headlights

Ms.moto

Registered
Hi all you experienced riders. Has anyone ever actually replaced the headlights on their Busa with HID lighting both high and low beams?
idea3.gif
My Porche Cayenne Turbo has this and I would love to have this on my new white LE which I am promised will be delivered in the next week or so. Thanks for your help.......Ms.Moto
newbie.gif

I have an 06 LE on the way, and was curious about the same. Anyone, Anyone? Nice selection on the bike by the way! I'm a newbie too
biggrin.gif

yeah, folks around here have done both... most have done the low beams and not the high beams. I know there's some pretty big write ups on it by ICEMAN and some others.
cool.gif

oh yeah, if you are in NC, you *HAVE* to come to Deals Gap, the busa bash in April... last weekend, lots of busas will be there
cool.gif

Nitrousjunkie has HID on both high and low beams. I'm sure he'll post up here. And welcome to the board.

Welcome aboard, you'll love every last penny you spend on the HID setup for your Busa...

Thanks guys, Now which brand of HID lights is the best for both high and low beams?
thumbs-up.gif

Oh, by the way, I gave up drinking and drugs 18 years ago. To many trees kept getting in the way of my cars!
blush.gif

And as to The Dragon, I'm riding my K12RS to San Diego near the end of April and returning about mid May. Maybe it will work out that I can ride by or stop in?
smile.gif
........assuming I won't get beaten up for being on a Beemer.  
face7.gif

Thanks again.......

Thanks guys, Now which brand of HID lights is the best for both high and low beams?
thumbs-up.gif

Oh, by the way, I gave up drinking and drugs 18 years ago. To many trees kept getting in the way of my cars!
blush.gif

And as to The Dragon, I'm riding my K12RS to San Diego near the end of April and returning about mid May. Maybe it will work out that I can ride by or stop in?
smile.gif
face7.gif

Thanks again.......
You're riding from eastcoast to westcoast in May?

thumbs-up.gif

blush.gif

smile.gif
face7.gif

Thanks again.......
well if its on the way or if you are willing to meet us up there for a day, meal, cup of coffee, we are going to be there friday the 28th through the 30th. I'm sure most folks will be there during that time and some will be there a day before, day after. Let me know when you will be coming through and I'll make sure some of us can meet you if its the 28-30th. And nah, we even let HD riders come play with us LOL
laugh.gif

Xeon King might still have a discount for Hayabusa.org members.
+1 ...that's where I got mine, good customer service, fast shipping, and only $162 to your door for the McCulloch 5000k. I just got the low beam, just double the price for high beam. The general consensus around here as been that due to the high beam lens design on the Busa, the high beam HID is mainly for cosmetic reasons.

Enjoy!

I got mine from www.xenonking.com
it's a 6000K model McCulloch high and low setup.  Dealer will tell you that it voids some related electrical warranty, and that it will melt your lenses... Its a bunch of BS!!!
tounge.gif
They run WAY cooler than stock, and you can actually SEE at night  
biggrin.gif
 And i disagree with the Hi-Beam consensus.  It takes about 10 seconds to fully warm up, which is a drag, but after it's cooking, I can see it lighting up signs almost a mile away!!! It's well worth it to do both in my opinion. Actually, it was the first mod to my '06 bad boy
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Leo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133590114 -->

Leo_Busa_013a.jpg

tounge.gif

Back