HID Headlights

I got mine from www.xenonking.com
it's a 6000K model McCulloch high and low setup.  Dealer will tell you that it voids some related electrical warranty, and that it will melt your lenses... Its a bunch of BS!!!
tounge.gif
They run WAY cooler than stock, and you can actually SEE at night  
biggrin.gif
 And i disagree with the Hi-Beam consensus.  It takes about 10 seconds to fully warm up, which is a drag, but after it's cooking, I can see it lighting up signs almost a mile away!!! It's well worth it to do both in my opinion.  Actually, it was the first mod to my '06 bad boy  
tounge.gif
Leo do you have pics on where you mounted the hardware for both bulbs?

tounge.gif

it's a 6000K model McCulloch high and low setup.  Dealer will tell you that it voids some related electrical warranty, and that it will melt your lenses... Its a bunch of BS!!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
 And i disagree with the Hi-Beam consensus.  It takes about 10 seconds to fully warm up, which is a drag, but after it's cooking, I can see it lighting up signs almost a mile away!!! It's well worth it to do both in my opinion.  Actually, it was the first mod to my '06 bad boy  
tounge.gif
No, guess I should have done that huh? No sweat, I have a Yoshi TRS full system, screens, DB, sliders, PCIII usb, and GPS mod to install... since it snowed today and she's ready for this winter's first round of mods, as soon I get my front and rear stands, all mods and pics will begin... I will be sure to take pics of the HID modules and their placement too
smile.gif

tounge.gif

Has anyone here had different HIDs on thier bike? Like a 5000k then an 8000k or 6000k? Just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion of the one they prefer after trying different ones?

Has anyone here had different HIDs on thier bike? Like a 5000k then an 8000k or 6000k? Just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion of the one they prefer after trying different ones?
I had 12,500 bulbs in both high and low beams.VERRRRRY bright! Now I just have the one in the low beam and Icemans Pure Yellow in the high beam.It kicks Arse! NJ.

Thanks guys, Now which brand of HID lights is the best for both high and low beams?
thumbs-up.gif

Oh, by the way, I gave up drinking and drugs 18 years ago. To many trees kept getting in the way of my cars!
blush.gif

And as to The Dragon, I'm riding my K12RS to San Diego near the end of April and returning about mid May. Maybe it will work out that I can ride by or stop in?
smile.gif
........assuming I won't get beaten up for being on a Beemer.
face7.gif

Thanks again.......
I have the eagle eye brand conversion kit.It has the igniter and ballast in one unit.Space is a premium under that front cowl.NJ

Thanks guys, Now which brand of HID lights is the best for both high and low beams?
thumbs-up.gif

Oh, by the way, I gave up drinking and drugs 18 years ago. To many trees kept getting in the way of my cars!
blush.gif

And as to The Dragon, I'm riding my K12RS to San Diego near the end of April and returning about mid May. Maybe it will work out that I can ride by or stop in?
smile.gif
........assuming I won't get beaten up for being on a Beemer.  
face7.gif

Thanks again.......
You're riding from eastcoast to westcoast in May?
Hi again, Yes, I am riding from High Point, NC, to San Diego in late April, then coming back in early May. Is this a particularly difficult ride? I have done his several times in my Porsches.

And the HID lights....it looks as thought the Phillips 4300K is a much smaller kit than the McCulloch 5000K. And the space to mount all the electricals is somewhat limited under the fairing...yes?

So, once I have the new LE, I will have my mechanic install the lights and an alarm, and will post photos of the various steps.....I think.....
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hi guys, The new Busa is IN THE CRATE, AT THE DEALERS!
biggrin.gif
Because of the rain around here they are waiting to unload it....maybe tomorrow......I have ordered the Phillips BiXenon HID's and I have an alarm for it.....eventually we'll have photos.....nice and clear....of the install.  
cool.gif
Until then I'll just have to ride my Beemer. Like I did last night in the rain at 80+.  
devil.gif
Thanks for all the help guys
newbie.gif

You ask if the ride from NC to Cal was difficult ! Well, NO and Yes ! How many days are you going to take and how many miles a day are you planning on doing. I do Long Distance Rallying (1000 mile days) and they're not very difficult. But, for an inexperenced rider with distances, back to back 1000 mile or 800 mile days can be a bit much. Personally, two 1000 mile days and I'am ready to stop for a while. Why not do some 500 mile days (simple) and build up to more. That is if your not already doing that. Just have a good time, that's what it's all about !  
ss011.gif

i DROVE out to san francisco from ann arbor
last APRIL. i don't think i'd ride that route.
i went through texas, and there was a DAMN
SNOWSTORM in APRIL. ice collected fast
enough on the road to get a fifth-wheel to get
ditched on the side of the road... AFTER it
passed me. i thought the driver was some
kinda HERO until i passed him doing 35, starring
at all his damage.
wow.gif

i have no idea what i would have done if
the ice caught me while i was riding.

APRIL.. it was APRIL!

who here lives in TEXAS?!? is that TYPICAL?
wow.gif

wow.gif

Hi guys, You are all so helpful...thanks.
smile.gif
My California trip in April will be in 500 - 600 mile increments. I am "in training" going to the fitness center each morning and working on such things as stretches to make my choice of highpegs less difficult, lower back strength exercises and inner and outer thigh work, so I can ride the Beemer correctly (holding it between my legs and using the handlebar only for control) and general cardiovascular fitness.
muscle.gif
In the past I have ridden a bicycle up to 150 miles per week (bicycles really do not go up hills as well as the Busa) so I am used to a riding position where your knees seem to be your best friends.
bump.gif
I will evaluate my route closely and may have to go Southern.....I-20, I-10 rather than I-40 including a trip up to Trinidad, Colorado, where I have some land. In any case my plan is to ride about 100 miles, stop, refuel, etc. and really take it easy. The K12 RS Beemer is actually quite comfortable and quiet, so it is not really tiring. I will also have a bunch of comunication gear, so someone will know where I am almost hourly. Remember, I'm 63 years old, female, and don't like the idea of being in a difficult situation. One of my friends does teach SWAT teams and has been, shall we say, helpful!
guns.gif

Anyway, I am going to try to schedule coming by the Busa Bash at the Dragon, then heading West from there.

Thanks again guys........Ms.Moto  
newbie.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
No, guess I should have done that huh?  No sweat, I have a Yoshi TRS full system, screens, DB, sliders, PCIII usb, and GPS mod to install... since it snowed today and she's ready for this winter's first round of mods, as soon I get my front and rear stands, all mods and pics will begin... I will be sure to take pics of the HID modules and their placement too  
smile.gif
The pics would be cool. It would give me an idea about where everything goes and how hard it would be.

tounge.gif

Hi guys, The new Busa is IN THE CRATE, AT THE DEALERS!
biggrin.gif
Because of the rain around here they are waiting to unload it....maybe tomorrow......I have ordered the Phillips BiXenon HID's and I have an alarm for it.....eventually we'll have photos.....nice and clear....of the install.  
cool.gif
Until then I'll just have to ride my Beemer. Like I did last night in the rain at 80+.  
devil.gif
Thanks for all the help guys
newbie.gif
Are you doing both high and low beams?

I did both hi and low beams. I agreed with Leo on this one.
10 seconds to full blast is a little longer then anyone prefer...

During the day I ride with HiBeam and let me tell you... cagers could see me much better...
smile.gif

safety is really important I guess.

and it looks awesome...

Back