need help with a pc3r on ai

I've got an 06 just bought a dynojet pciiir. Bought it off ebay so no disc came with it. I have the usb adapter cord, and I've downloaded the power commander "control center" from dynojet.com but have no clue how to use it let alone map the power commander .... I have two brothers slip ons which are completely gutted (no baffling) everything else is stock. Please if someone could help me out with how to map it or point me in the right direction... and by the way the nearest cycle dealer who can dynotest and dynotune my bike or even map the power commander is 125 miles so that's out of the question... already looked into it ;-)

have you tried this (from Dynojet's site): http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/PCIIIUSB/Manuals/PCIIIUSB_User_Guide.pdf

also good idea to get the latest firmware here: Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Lastly, download the TUTORIALS, should be enough to walk you through. For the MAP that will be closest to your current set-up, probably best to call tech support. Or pick from any of the maps for BOLT-ONS:

20-023-005 Yoshimura bolt on mufflers Stock air filter
20-023-004 D&D bolt on mufflers Stock air filter
20-023-003 Arrow bolt on mufflers Stock or K&N air filter
20-023-002 Hindle bolt on mufflers Stock or K&N air filter

Below are steps I followed (DISCLAIMER: use at your own risk)
1. open control center in your laptop
2. WITH IGNITION IN OFF POSITION: connect PC to laptop
3. click on POWER COMMANDER TOOLS tab in top of page.
4. select UPDATE FIRMWARE
5. click on GET MAP found in bottom left of screen
6. select any of options for BOLT ONs offered

Best of luck.

CONTROL CENTER.jpg

second question... is the PC3 USB the same as the PC3r? i have the software for the PC3r, the control center version is 2.7.8.22. ive downloaded the pc3USB version and the two look nothing alike.

ok new question, i tried using both pc3usb control center and the older version of the control center for the pc3r and both control centers are telling me "no power commander" and "power commander not found" i have the PC connected to the '9 pin'/usb adapter and the usb adapter plugged into my computer, what am i not doing or what should i be doing?

Start the bike make sure that the PC is on and plug it to the bike...thay also have remote support at their website...they'll tell you how to make a jumper to power it if you dont have the 9V adapter to it....

might be time to call Tech Support, man.....not sure if the PC you bought off ebay is working fine or not. And not sure if you know but Dynojet now makes a PC V for Gen I Busas and have actually discontinued the PC III.

Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

PCIIIUSB Notes
Note: Powercommander III USB Discontinued for this model. Replaced by Powercommander V shown above. Maps and listed accessories for the Powercommander III USB are still available, see product listing to the right.

You need the earlier control center for PCII, PCIII and PCIIIr. They do not use the same interface as PCIIIusb.

You also have to power up the PCIIIr in order to communicate with it. They are not powered through the serial cable. this is best done with the motorcycle although adapters for 9v batteries and 9vdc power supplies were once offered for sale. Also, you need a usb to serial cable converter if you are not using a serial port to communicate with the PCIIIr. Be sure you have usb to serial drivers loaded for the converter you are using and that the com port selected for your usb to serial converter in your device manager is the same one selected in your Power Commander control center software.

Back