need help MY 08 Busa gearbox destroyed

Hello everyone

I have one question
After I finish building the engine I made compression test and all the cylinders are good except the 2nd cylinder is reading ZERO no compression at all can someone help me what could be the reason before I start opening the engine again??

Thnx in advance

Hey everyone

I found one of the 2nd cylinder valves cotter went out from its place and cylinder 3 and 4 having scratches on the edges where the shims seat, after I removed the shims I saw it and I have 1 valve in cylinder 2,3 and 4 where no clearance at all even I couldn’t put the 0.05 mm filler gadge any help what can be the reason and how to put back the cotter what went out without removing the engine again from the bike

Here are some pics
Any help will be appreciated
thanks a lot

Should I start removing the engine from the bike??

48590E24-2D3E-4206-8697-9906D0EB5543.jpeg

2F42CF58-A648-4970-B973-29D450D215D6.jpeg

AEA290F7-00F9-4814-BD69-5853A03C103D.jpeg

A leak down tester (picture below) is a guage that measures percentage of leakage. 1st you set the cylinder to TDC (top dead center) on the power stroke (both valves closed). Screw in the hose to the spark plug hole. Then you connect an air compressor to the guage and slowly turn up the pressure. While the air if flowing you will hear any problem leakage from the exhaust (valve) , the intake (valve), the crankcase (rings) or the radiator (head gasket). If it's tight it will give you a leak down percentage.
20180516_165159.jpg

The valve keeper may be able to be installed with removing the head. Try a valve spring tool (shown below). Here is a bad video but you can do it with the head on the engine. It's simple.
20180516_165245.jpg

A leak down tester (picture below) is a guage that measures percentage of leakage. 1st you set the cylinder to TDC (top dead center) on the power stroke (both valves closed). Screw in the hose to the spark plug hole. Then you connect an air compressor to the guage and slowly turn up the pressure. While the air if flowing you will hear any problem leakage from the exhaust (valve) , the intake (valve), the crankcase (rings) or the radiator (head gasket). If it's tight it will give you a leak down percentage. View attachment 1581095

The valve keeper may be able to be installed with removing the head. Try a valve spring tool (shown below). Here is a bad video but you can do it with the head on the engine. It's simple.
View attachment 1581096
Wooooow that’s great but unfortunately I already removed the engin and the head and installed it normally and collect all the parts back and tomorrow will check the valve clearance and install it again in the bike and make compression test again and I wish that everything will be good to go

Oh boy!!!!
I had the same thought.... I could only imagine what my GIRL would say if I took my bike apart then had all these issues.... and mind you... there wasn't anything wrong with the bike...... I do feel bad for the guy now though.... I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger..... not like this though... I'm scared of precisely this situation.

Hello everyone
Bike is tuning now and tomorrow I will take it for a ride to try it but today when I start it 1st time the gear indicator was in 0 and the neutral lamp was lighting up and I left the bike to run for 10 or 15 min and when I can back and look at the indicators I found it’s showing the 4th gear and the neutral lamp is of I switch it off and start again it shows the same I try to move with it everything is fine but still showing the 4th gear I disconnect the X-tre and it’s start working normally and showing all the gears from 1 to 6 but when I put it in nutral it’s not showing 0 or anything and the lamp is not lighting up

The question is what can be the reason for it and does the X-tre can go bad or can be destroyed??

Back