Need help guys! :(

Yep, "convicted felon in possession of a firearm" is a federal charge and doesnt take into consideration the nature of the felony.
Only 2 loopholes. First is, if the person is sentenced to less than a year for their felony charge they can still possess a firearm.
Second, SOME (very few) states, allow you to be pardoned for your crime, thus your right to bear arms can reinstated.
But, if she is sentenced to a year or more, whether she does any of the time or not, you will have to get all firearms out of her name and out of the house quick. I think there is a provision that allows the feds to confiscate all firearms registered to a convicted felon at the time of their conviction.
Good luck to you all.

Felons can not be in possession of firearms or any ammunition for firearms. Possession is just what it says it is, it is different from ownership. If you own a gun and have that gun in the house and leave and she is the only one there and it is her house, then she is in possession. Even if she doesn't own the house, she is in possession. By law those convicted of a felony can not have access to any type of firearm.

So to answer your question, if she is convicted and you own guns, you need to find somewhere else to store those guns. To my knowledge there is no loophole around this.

She even paid the D@MN thing back, but the people are being @$$HOLES!!!!:cursin:

The only reason they're doing this is because they're no-good, greedy, money loving, penny pinching, grudge keeping TIGHTWADS!

Thats okay, I think they'll burn in HE11 for this one...!:madfire:

Dude:
I have sympathy for you and your Mom... I really do. But please get off that rant because ya'll gotta step up and take responsibility for your actions. I know it's the American way but cmon, man-up. You'll be more help to your Mom if you do.

Just because "they" are doing something that you perceive to be aggravating the situation, the apparent fact (we don't have all thte details), is that your Mom is apparently guilty of something.... not them.

I wish you and your Mom all the best but healing will begin only after you take responsibility, pay the price and move on.

Dude:
I have sympathy for you and your Mom... I really do. But please get off that rant because ya'll gotta step up and take responsibility for your actions. I know it's the American way but cmon, man-up. You'll be more help to your Mom if you do.

Just because "they" are doing something that you perceive to be aggravating the situation, the apparent fact (we don't have all thte details), is that your Mom is apparently guilty of something.... not them.

I wish you and your Mom all the best but healing will begin only after you take responsibility, pay the price and move on.

I don't know too much about the felony and posessing guns. I just wanted to say I am glad your mom is doing what she can to pay back what she took. There is always consiquences for our actions. I will keep her in my prayers and hope that she will handle whatever consiquences that come from this mistake with grace and dignity. Hopefully once everything is done she will be able to move on and be stronger for her experience. God bless.

Aren't you aspiring to be a police officer? Isn't a law enforcement official supposed to enforce the law? Why would you feel sympathetic about someone that had knowingly broken the law? I know that she is your mother however in this circumstance, I think I would be a little more tight lipped about her situation. Especially considering the fact that it will most definitely have a negative impact on your future in law enforcement.

I know in ohio you can have your record expunged after three years for a felony so that the only person that can view your record is a judge and thats only if you get arrested again.........oh and the goverment if you are applying for a top secret clarence.

Wow moto. Wow.
I don't know what to say.
Sounds like both of you need to leave Kansas.
Sounds like Mom could use a fresh start.
Good luck. I'm sure someone with good advice will come to your aid.
I got nothing on this one.

The penalty for any felon in possesion of a firearm is a 5 year mandatory min
under the ceasefire act. Sorry about your Mom I understand, Just get your guns and try to move on....thats all that can be done right now.

Back