Need HELP bike won't start

(GSXTacy @ Mar. 24 2007,01:09) Got the bike back home. Doyle said it hesistated for a sec one time on the way home. Ran strong other than that. We are changing the fuel tank now (he just bought another one with the internals intact. What is the best way to pull the fuel filter? I think we would have been better off if the bike didnt fire, then we would have known if the problem if fixed........
Could be the filter or the pump. Remember what 05 said about the pumps and cooling down.

Check out chapter 4 in the book
super.gif

Do you know where the fuel level was at when it acted up? I have the same question as somebody above had. Was the guage really telling you what was in the tank?Sounds to me like you are on the right track. Did you try to get it to act up again by letting it sit for and hour and try it? Do you know what was in it for fuel? As in did the fuel have ethanol in it? Try to stay away from ethanol it will vapor lock easyer

Sometimes these dealership clowns make me want to scream WTF. Your fuel filter number is one of two numbers. 15410-24F00 Cost is 30.27 or 15152-24F30 Cost is 30.27. O-ring 15146-24F00 Check Iowa City Motor Sports or I can check the dealer here in Waterloo

Good idea there is a strainer on the fuel petcock in the tank. Check it on the original tank and see if its clogged it may have junk on its lower half that blocks fuel when its low.

(hooken203 @ Mar. 24 2007,10:24) Good idea there is a strainer on the fuel petcock in the tank. Check it on the original tank and see if its clogged it may have junk on its lower half that blocks fuel when its low.
Yes did that.. Put everything back together and it runs fine.. I just don't know about this one..
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

You replaced the fuel hose on that when you got it didn't you? How many miles have you put on it since you changed them out? No kinked hoses?

I had a similar problem w/ my 05 today. (I did some troubleshooting.) It had been sitting in the garage for maybe 5-6 weeks. Hadn't been started. Then had trouble starting. BTW mine no longer has the idle switch. So after 4-5 tries, it stayed on. I idled it for about 5 mins to make sure... Then took it out for a few hours...slowly at first. Then worked my way up to speed. Ran fine, very strong.

So my question, had your bike been sitting for a long period of time, prior to this??

Back