HELP! Bike Won't Start

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
What is a likely root cause for these symptoms:

The bike will not start
Fuel flows out of the Dump-Pipe

The bike was running fine short of a boost leak on the top side of the up pipe (Note: up-pipe tubing is not long enough...).
Fixed that and immediately notice the bike surging on boost.
Thought there may be another leak so I rode it home to investigate.
No visible leaks found.

However, when I went to go for a test drive it appeared that I may have flooded the bike and it wouldn't start.

The bike will turn-over fine.
But it flows fuel out the dump.

I disconnected the primary injectors (not the ones on the fuelrail / plenum) and the amount of fuel coming out the dump-pipe was greatly reduced.
The bikes tries to start.

Have we seen this before?

Do I have an injector stuck open?

Did I simpy flood the bike?

What do I need to check?

Thanks,
Cecil

It sounds like one of your injectors are stuck open. Maybe some debris got under the seat/disc.

Try pulling all of the injector electrical connections off, and then turn the engine over with the starter. This should clear out any excess fuel in the intake manifold. I'm not sure how you can test each injector without an injector test stand, but a local shop might be able to do it if you brought just the injectors in. They could at least do a leak test to see if one is stuck open.

Good Luck Cecil
cool.gif

I'm not a turbo expert Cecil... but have a look in yer oil sightglass(before continuing to try an' start her) and make sure you haven't filled up yer bottom end with fuel, or..... there goes yer lubrication , and some other bad stuff.
RSD.

Rubbah's absolutely right. Make sure the crank's not full of fuel. Even if it isn't I would plan on an immediate oil change to be safe.

Back