Need help, bike just dies at idle after pair removal

G

I just finished the complete pair removal and put jc's block plates on. I must have ****ed something up because after I got it all put back together, it will no longer idle just dies. I can keep it running with choke on but sounds like crap and puffing black smoke out of exhaust. I tried to be carefull not to mess with anything else but seems I might have done something wrong.

Could this possibly be a mapping problem which is severe after the pair is removed or could I have bumped something? I did not wait 24 hours for the high temp gasket sealer to cure but I dont think that could be the problem. I sealed some gaps entereing the airbox with duct tape but dont see how that could have affected the bike. I sprayed the engine down with degreaser, I guess that could have contaminated something.

I am not a mechanic or mechanically inclined so please help with any advice you may have.

[This message has been edited by 918rider (edited 24 June 2000).]

Sorry jc. You been so much help, I feel like I am being a pest.

I rechecked the hoses I pluged up and they look sealed.

I left the choke on and let it idle for a few minutes then turned it off and it still dies immediatly.

Any suggestions?

The hose on the back of the airbox is plugged. I dont know anything about a flapper hose. Were is it at, and what might it look like. I plugged the one on the throttle body if that is it?

918 i dont know if you solved your problem but there is a small 1/8 line on the left side of the bike that goes to a sensor if this is not connected bike will will not idle

Yeah, Johnnycheese helped me out. That is exactly what it was. Johnnycheese was wonderfull throughout the hole pair removal process. Way more than one would expect. He really helped me more than I could have asked for.

20 for the parts was a real steal considering what I realistically owe jc for the tech support. Even late at night on a weekend.

Thank You Johnnycheese for everything.

PS your welcome
[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 25 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 25 June 2000).]

Dudes, that same freakin hose got me too, after I did my own airbox mods.

I swore I hooked everything back in place and I knew I plugged the flapper vacume hose.

Cranked her up and blew white vapor,(raw fuel), out the tailpipes, wouldn't idle.

Little bastich is sneaky.

No....but I HAVE done the fuel line disconnect, but only in my garage, I think Lofty Abuse wins on that one..that was hilarious... :)

Back