Need Fork rebuild

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well just got back from 3,000+ mile trip to Idaho border, Montana (Loved Bear Tooth...had to ride that 3 times) Wyoming, South Dakota, etc...anyhow Mountain riding has convinced me my stock fork springs just aint cutting it anymore.

I vary in weight from 220 to 240 depending on how much junk food me be eating, and work stress...lol. I have +1 bones in the rear, steering damper mod, and still running the rear shock and don't plan on changing that just yet...can't afford it.

I can do the forks myself, springs and seals, but never did re-valving...suppose I could learn. Any suggestions on a place to order parts from, or a place to send the forks out to?

The Busa is pretty modified, and going on my 3rd set of tires this year, so I want an affordable but quality setup. I really need some help on what I should do here.

Advice, tips, suggestions...I want to get this completed in the next 10 days or so.

Photo's from our recent Vacation

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

Pull em and ship em to GP Suspension:

GP SUSPENSION

They can do a complete rebuild, resprung and revalved for $550 plus your shipping. They KNOW their stuff! They can respring it for your weight, revalve it and set it up for you. They can resring it so it's not so damn stiff but it WORKS for your weight.

Do yourself a favor... no matter WHO you take it to, call Dave at GP and talk to him. He will give you good info!!!

I am sure GP can point you in the right direction.

Another option would be Mike at Traxxion Dynamics. I would at least recommend higher rate springs to be installed on the re-build no matter who performs the work.

Mike is a board member here and an ex-Hayabusa owner.

Shoot him an email to mike@traxxiondynamics.com

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but depending on the way you ride you may not need a revalve. Especially if your budget conscience right now. I'm 240 with the Jinkster's suspension tips/setup. Stock height and I know I need springs but I'm not doing track days so i'm not going with the revalve. I've used Racetech springs on my prior bikes and their calculator on the site has always pointed me in the right direction. So, if your just changing springs and replacing oil/seals... might want to consider doing it yourself. Again, this is the "budget" plan.

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 07 2007,14:56) Correct me if I'm wrong here but depending on the way you ride you may not need a revalve. Especially if your budget conscience right now. I'm 240 with the Jinkster's suspension tips/setup. Stock height and I know I need springs but I'm not doing track days so i'm not going with the revalve. I've used Racetech springs on my prior bikes and their calculator on the site has always pointed me in the right direction. So, if your just changing springs and replacing oil/seals... might want to consider doing it yourself. Again, this is the "budget" plan.
Yes the springs do made a major difference. All of my machines in the past were recipients on a spring rate increase.

On the Busa, I took the suspension modding one step farther with a Axxion re-valve. Even for street riding, you can tell a major difference over just a spring kit.

Again, it does come down to your budget. Springs are a bare minimum and I would highly suggest a re-valve as well.

Back