Need advice please, legal issue or am I dead in the water?

Well, I met with the roofer today and found a hole in the pan. You can see it clear as day now that it dry. I asked why they didnt replace the pan when they replaced the roof, but I cant do anything about that either. He did try to fill it with some kind of super duper roofing caulk, if that will get me to spring I can live with it. I need to replace some trim, siding, and repaint so when I do that I will have the pan replaced at the same time. I got some more back story on the company and it seems the previous owner took the money and ran. My little issue most likely will not be addressed in the grand scheme and I will fix it and move on. At least now I know where the problem is and know what to do. Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it very much.

get a lawyer, call the Attorney general and contact the BBB.They will listen when drug through the mud and threat of being sued.You have a signed warranty and reciept right??

if i am not mistaken the company that takes over the other company is responsible for all warranty repairs, that way nobody is stuck with out a warranty, i thought it was some kind of law, or maybe i am just being naive

if i am not mistaken the company that takes over the other company is responsible for all warranty repairs, that way nobody is stuck with out a warranty, i thought it was some kind of law, or maybe i am just being naive

Yes, you are :)

Well, I met with the roofer today and found a hole in the pan. You can see it clear as day now that it dry. I asked why they didnt replace the pan when they replaced the roof, but I cant do anything about that either. He did try to fill it with some kind of super duper roofing caulk, if that will get me to spring I can live with it. I need to replace some trim, siding, and repaint so when I do that I will have the pan replaced at the same time. I got some more back story on the company and it seems the previous owner took the money and ran. My little issue most likely will not be addressed in the grand scheme and I will fix it and move on. At least now I know where the problem is and know what to do. Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it very much.

Sorry you're out of pocket, but at least it sounds as though you've got a manageable plan. I've definitely heard FAR worse endings in such matters. If the former owner "took the money and ran", you're doin' OK, all things considered. :thumbsup:

Back