Need advice fast

Lightcycle, most dealers have you sign a form that states you will pay any difference between the actual payoff and what was listed on the buyers order. This is used mostly on deals where the customer provides the payoff amount and the dealer has no way to confirm the amount. If the dealer called and got the amount of the payoff and did not ask for a confirmation from your lender, they are totally at fault! However, if you signed the form stating you would pay the difference you are hosed! The payoff does not effect the salespersons commission. The only thing that figures into the amount of commission is how much they allowed you for your trade, and the actual cash value they place on the bike. Example: the dealer bids your bike $5000, but offers you $4500 on trade. In this example the salesman potentially could get paid on the $500 difference between tradein amount and the actual cash value( the value the dealer placed on the bike and the cost to him of your trade in).Did you get the title to your new busa at the time you signed the contract? If so, I would go see the dealer and ask him to show you documentation that states you will be responsible for any difference in payoff. If he can't show you this, you can tell him to go pound sand in his rear, but you will still have to deal with your lender and credit report. Good luck!

Here is what I would do! I would tell the dealer that you believe you were at the very least misled and you do not have a grand to pay off the trade in so,,,,,,,,,,,, you will gladly bring the new busa back to the dealership and pick up your trade and they can just call it a test ride. Be humble and appologize for any inconvenience you may have caused and you'll have the bike back to them by days end. Take the bike back and drop it off at the dealership. If they give you a hard time just leave the busa and tell them you'll be contacting the attorney general and reporting them for misleading business practices and let them handle it.

I'd bet a case of beer you'll leave with the busa and they will handle the trade in problem? However, you have to be serious about leaving the busa at the dealership. You can't be bluffing.

Tbusa right...think as you leaving the busa, and pickin your trade back, go to stealership and just say what you have to and sit out and wait...you will prolly ride away with the busa, but you never know...good luck

Just from the way the lady handled it on the phone tells me they are a shady dealer and pull this crap often. I would take the BUSA back and get your trade in and go to another dealer. If they don't want to cover the $1k and make it right, stick it to them and call a lawyer.

IMO, you got screwed three times. 1) Trade in price 2) Payoff $1k crap 3) You paid FULL MSRP of $11,099.
sad.gif

Did you do any research, you got shafted BIG TIME....
mad.gif

No Doubt Also explain to them that you belong to this site and that everyone on it is watching the outcome of this deal.

<!--EDIT|racerV
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145972499 -->

No Doubt  Also explain to them that you belong to this site and that everyone on it is watching the outcome of this deal.
Even if they resolve this issue, i ll be reluctant to do business with these ppl again. Even though there is difference in trade in price, they r trying to get way too much money for the busa as well, when most dealers are selling it for less than msrp.

its gonna boil down to your word against theirs You have 3 choices  #1  pay the $1000, #2  get a lawyer and try to get them to take care of it since they hit you High on the selling price.  #3 take the Busa back get your old bike back and find a different dealer
go over to Deep Creek Marina in Mchenry MD they have an 06 blue/grey on their floor for $9599.00 right now just my .02
wink.gif
where I got mine from. and I''m in Texas
06 Gixxer 1K for 9499.00    
there is another dealer in that area some ppl have talked about that shoots out good Deals  somebody will chime in on who that is.

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145973915 -->

As most have said, the best decision that you can make is to contact an attorney. Ask around, find a decent one. The dealership will crap their shorts when the attorney contacts them, which in turn they can contact their vendors (Suzuki) and relay the displeasure. Deceptive Trade Practice, this could turn into a big mess for them. Good luck, I'm sure we have a few attorneys here.

Spend $100 with an attorney and have him make the call for you. Chances are that will end it right then and there. When he calls they will know the attorney makes his money going to court. They will then need to contact their lawyer and go to court as well. They'll do the right thing to you just to cover their butts and save some money. BUT if this is in fact a scam they've run for a while and know they've done their shady paperwork correctly, You're in deep doo doo. best bet is to return Busa and ride to dealership "B" on your 600 and start over.
+1

It sucks that this is your experience with buying a 'Busa. It must be frustrating to have your new bike and then possibly have to return it.

Hopefully everything will work out and you'll end up with the best bike that money can buy
smile.gif

No Doubt  Also explain to them that you belong to this site and that everyone on it is watching the outcome of this deal.
talking about this site wont do any good but add fuel to the fire... and bring undue attention to the site... my .02's

I'd take the bike back and say fix this or give me back my old bike and hand them the keys... you need to talk to the dealerships manager and get it resolved ASAP... no need to screw your credit up for this!

Call a lawyer. The finance company doesn't care--they want the money that's owed. Your beef is with the dealer's mistake.

Take it back. You can find another Busa. But it will be a crap storm getting your credit straight. It isnt something you want to play with too much. Just let us know what happens.

Thanks again for all the replies. I'm going to swing by the dealer and talk to the GM this afternoon and see what they're prepared to do. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

And yes, I know I got shafted on the price.
And no, I won't be doing business with them again.

I did do some research on prices in other states... but I had a trade in which complicated things. I didn't want to deal with shipping a bike from out of state, and couldn't take the time off to pick it up and ride back to Virginia. I did see some great deals in Texas and Ohio though. Sure wish I would have known about Deep Creek Marina in Mchenry MD. I could have sold my trade in to a private buyer and got more for the trade in, but didn't want the hassel of title transfer and all that. In retrospect, I wish I would have gone that route.

As I said before... It must be the lights and gleen from row upon row of beautiful mechanical marvels in those dealers that makes common sense drunk with lust.

I never been a good business man... and I'm sure The Donald (Donald Trump) wouldn't approve, and I'd be fired in the first go-round
tounge.gif
... that's why I became a computer guy. I tried sales in my younger days, but discoverd I was too honest to pass-off a bad deal to the customer.

Thanks again folks.

this is the same dealer that replaced my rear wheel bearings last month, and tried their best to overcharge us. we bought my husbands Busa there last July and paid cash. a month later we get a bill from Suzuki thanking us for financing the bike with them. It took a few calls and my husband going in and ripping them a new one to get that straightened out. Next thing was the title, since it was "financed" thru the dealer, they sent the title to a bank. It took until mid december before we finally got the title from them. this was the 4th bike our family bought from them, never again.

Well ya'll, I sure do appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I just got done speaking with the General Manager of the dealer today. Rode my bike up there as well. The dealer admitted they made the mistake, someone wrote the numbers down wrong. Then he asked how did we want to fix it. I told him that I shouldn’t have to eat their mistake but I was willing to meet them half way, and he agreed. So I paid an extra $500 more for the bike than I thought I would have to. They’re going to cover their $500 by raising the trade-in value of my old bike from $4500 – $5000. I’m going to raise mine by shaking some booty downtown…. j/k.

I did this for two reasons.

The first is that I should know what the pay-off on my own bike is. This was irresponsible of me and I could have gotten taken for much more. I’ve definitely learned my lesson this time.

The second reason is that when I bought the bike. It came with a set of Yoshimuri RS3 cans already installed, no extra charge. So, I’m trying to convince myself that instead of getting them for free, I’m now paying $500 for them.

I want to thank ya’ll again for all the great feedback and information. This is got to be one of the best owners sites I've ever joined. And thanks again TheDude27 for all the great info you sent me on dealer pricing.

That is outstanding.  I am glad it worked out for you.  And it is good that we have this resource to turn to for advice.  Being that they included the Yosh cans, even with the $500 you had to give up, you ended up with a good deal.  Keep your head up...you did good! After all of that, you better be at the Busa Bash this weekend.

<!--EDIT|racerV
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146006365 -->

Back