Need a pick me up!

oldhat

Registered
so thats what I got as an early Xmas present on Sunday.

Sucks to be me. Go home, give your spouse a hug and tell them that when you said do or die, health and sickness that you meant it. God....Xmas is gonna suck this year!!!!!

Anyone else ever spend Chirstmas alone? How'd you handle it??

Yea, I did. 3 years ago. Wife of 23 years, on and off, left me. However, I am the on who filed for divorce. sometimes it works itself out and sometimes it's for the best. Just ride it out and see what the outcome is. If you need anything or just to talk, PM me and I'll help. I know the feeling of being lost.

David

Sorry to hear about this SH... as GW, everything will work itself out...

I have a few friends that are spending their first Christmas alone...one was told the day before Thanksgiving a year ago, and it's not been an easy road...

I am soooo sorry...I wish I had some wonderful advice to offer that would make it all better, but I know it's just another bad thing tossed at good people...seems it's so much easier nowadays to throw in the towel, and I don't understand why...

Hang in there and lean on friends...you've got plenty here, okay?
sad.gif

You're in my thoughts...
smile.gif

srry to hear your bad news--tho its hard to see past the present time will help you,just keep on keepin on bro--
here is the good news--this world is full of hot chicks that love sport bikes!! just hang with your friends for a wile to keep yourself busy till spring- when spring hits start asking chicks to go riding (even the ugly ones) they all got a little somthin to offer! before you know it you will be right in the swing of things like the good ole days
wink.gif

Kick Her To The Curb!
And Go on to the Next One!
It sounds harsh and cold but believe me it will make you a better person.
And keep you from lossing your mind from try'in to figure her out!

cant kick someone you love to the curb....and I'm already on my next one. She was my second wife. No more. Never.

It's more than just getting another woman...

It's a life that was promised by both and now, for whatever reason, that's all been ripped away...I've watched one of my best friends walk that road when, in April, his wife said "I'm just not happy anymore" No other excuses, nothing...he's left to pick up the pieces and probably questions himself nearly every day, wondering what he could have done differently...

No...it's got to be a day by day process...you will get through it though. Don't let yourself go down because of this. Good people have good things headed their way, no matter how long that takes...

Man, you and MSF...what is going on?
sad.gif

It's a life that was promised by both and now, for whatever reason, that's all been ripped away...I've watched one of my best friends walk that road when, in April, his wife said "I'm just not happy anymore"  No other excuses, nothing...he's left to pick up the pieces and probably questions himself nearly every day, wondering what he could have done differently...

No...it's got to be a day by day process...you will get through it though.  Don't let yourself go down because of this.  Good people have good things headed their way, no matter how long that takes...

sad.gif
what happened to MSF and me are almost exactly the same.
sad.gif

sad.gif

It's a life that was promised by both and now, for whatever reason, that's all been ripped away...I've watched one of my best friends walk that road when, in April, his wife said "I'm just not happy anymore"  No other excuses, nothing...he's left to pick up the pieces and probably questions himself nearly every day, wondering what he could have done differently...

No...it's got to be a day by day process...you will get through it though.  Don't let yourself go down because of this.  Good people have good things headed their way, no matter how long that takes...

sad.gif
what happened to MSF and me are almost exactly the same.  
sad.gif
That stinks...
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

bro what can i say man it sucks it hurts but remember it takes 2 . just continue to be the good guy you are, it was the only thing that held me together. so when it was all said and done i was the same good guy. hang tuff its a ruff road.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear it, bro! This will be my 4th in a row. I guess 2 of them don't count because I was in the desert, but it still sucks. Its tough, but like VA said, take it day by day and use your friends for support.

cant kick someone you love to the curb....and I'm already on my next one.  She was my second wife.  No more.  Never.
Please don't tell us you're turning gay
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry...thought you might get a laugh out of it to boost you up for a second.
wink.gif

Sled, I'm sorry to hear about this, especially so close to the holidays. Just remember...you can ALWAYS come here and vent if you need to.

Just get the sled out, and go for a mindless ride for a while. Just be careful if your mind starts wandering. We wouldn't want to see you get hurt due to the distraction.

I spent many Christmas's and other holidays alone while serving in the Navy, but I know it's nowhere near the same as your situation. Just try to lean on your family for support and try to keep your mind off of it as much as possible. I know you've got a good relationship with your Dad from seeing your trip to Arkansas post. Hell...take a trip home and share a beer with him...you'll both feel better.

Take care Sled...Hang in there
cool.gif

It will get easier as time moves on. I too am divorced twice. Last time in 1985 and said then not again. And have not. Been single for 20 years now. But, I have many friends and can be with someone when ever I need to be. I can also be alone when ever I want. I like it that way now. Tough for a little while but in the end all has worked out for the best.
smile.gif

Did this hit you all at once or did you know it was coming??

Get a dog, they'll never leave you
biggrin.gif

Sorry dude! There must be something air or water. Women all over the place are leaving their husbands... and they all seem to be "good guys." This will be my 3rd holiday season as a single person- although I do have kids. All I can say is don't accept her back if she left you for another guy. My ex tried to come back... told her "nope. life doesn't work that way."

Also, if you haven't already, join a gym. It's a great place to deal with your frustration and it helps boost your self esteem, especially when 18 yr old hotties start check you out.

Good luck

Very sorry to hear. From the tone of your post it seems like it came as a complete surprise. I have had one divorce... Things do get better.. sometimes even better then they were. Definitly find something to occupy your time... Busavegas's suggestion of going to the gym is a great idea... Volunter at an organization that is meaningful to you. It definitly makes you feel better. There are divorce support groups that do help... Some of these sound hokey but they really do help you get your head on straight. If you need anything you can definitly PM me. Just remember the pain does fade if you let it.

So sorry to hear this, Sled~ I still remember meeting up with ya'll in Orlando last year(?) and things seem to be going along great~ I know it's not easy, but I also remember you are a good looking man with a great personality and sense of humor~ I can't imagine you'll be alone for too long~ Not that this will make it any easier loosing someone you had expected to grow old with... but you will survive it, Bro!
I bought the wife a round trip plane ride, to spend Christmas with her family up there in Nebraska, as Christmas gift~ So I will be spending the Holiday by myself also~ My son will be stopping in on leave from the Army sometime after Christmas.. but I too will be alone for the most part~ I've got plenty of room here if you think you'd like to come on down to Florida for a bit and try to get your mind off it all~
Hang in there, brother~ Brenda loves that old saying..."Everything happens for a reason"~ Something good will come out of it before you know it~ I know it's hard to fathom right now, but you'll see...
wink.gif

Back