Off to the fire station for a 56hr shift,

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
I will be on shift at the station from Friday night to Monday morning and since the country has other distractions right now please don't forget to remember the 343 Fire Fighters who died on 9/11. Although the loss of life that day was tragic for more than just FF's, 343 of them died choosing to go into that mess.

Everytime I'm on shift I try to do something that lends credibility to the legacy of good will our fellow brothers left behind for us that day. It's a bit of a guilty feeling going to a 9/11 memorial and being thanked by others on that day. You want to say "hey, it wasn't me, I didn't give my life for the cause that day, why are you thanking me, thank the spouse and kids of the ones who did"

I don't mean that to say we don't appreciate the thanks because we do. It just feels weird hearing it on that day, 9/11, because it really feels misplaced. I am proud to be the recipient of it no matter the awkwardness, go nozzleheads! So stop by your local station on Sunday to say "Thanks", as over 75% of FF's you will ever meet are volunteer's. A plate of chocolate chip cookies or a dessert is never turned down either!
laugh.gif

I'll never forget Justin
wink.gif

Tell the others at the station that we will be thinking of all of you this weekend, and remembering those that were lost.
sad.gif

It's all good! I have loads of respect for those that have, and those that are, working to protect and serve our country.

lmini001.gif

<-- son of a retired NYC Firefighter. Engine 91, coverage area included WTC...God bless the 343...

I'll be tryin to follow his foosteps in '06. (also tryin for police, but i'd much rather do fire)

Always Remembered, Never Forgotten...
9/11 Memorial Ride is on for Sunday morning. Approx 1000 bikes this year predicted to participate.
Tell the House they are in our thoughts and prayers as we ride for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice and the families that they left behind.

You guys are the real heroes in this country.We will never forget the sacrifice of all the leo & firefighters.Keep up the good work ! Here's to ya
40__s.gif

I'm just now able to talk about this but my father died in 9-11. I was at ground zero at the one year service, and we just happened along the sons of one of the fire fighters that died trying to save my injured dad. It was very odd to talk to these two guys knowing that their dad died while helping mine. His name was raymond downey and I wear a 9-11 patch on both of my leather jackets so I can take them both riding with me. Thanks for all that you do.

I'm just now able to talk about this but my father died in 9-11.  I was at ground zero at the one year service, and we just happened along the sons of one of the fire fighters that died trying to save my injured dad.  It was very odd to talk to these two guys knowing that their dad died while helping mine.  His name was raymond downey and I wear a 9-11 patch on both of my leather jackets so I can take them both riding with me.  Thanks for all that you do.
I've accepted more than a few thank you's from people in the past on 9/11 and I know where they are rightly placed, with you and your family. Your dad's sacrifice is not forgotten, not by me. Hope your healing process is going well and if there is ever anything I can help with, drop me a line.
smile.gif

OK, that was a long shift, 56hrs. My record at the station is 100hrs straight. Thanks for thinking of the FF's and I passed your sentiments along. We watched the Discovery channel "The flight that fought back, flight 93" and it was pretty good. Gotta love the fact that these guys found out what their intentions were and decided 'not on my watch'. They saved alot of people that day by doing something and probably spared an American land mark, the White House.
wink.gif

Back