Fires in Cali

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
True story, a red-tailed hawk lands on a high tension wire, gets electrocuted, falls to the ground and catches the brush on fire. That was last Friday, on Sunday the fire got 1/2 mile from my house, maybe a little closer. Special thanks to the firefighters who put out the fire before it got too close!

Saturday the fire was this close, couple of miles.

DSC00014.JPG

Sunday 1pm: I woke up (work nights) and I thought it was cloudy out, nope, look out the back window.

DSC00013.JPG

So I went around the corner and up a hill, the fire is coming down THIS side of the canyon blowing towards my house. I packed a few things just in case. I can load my Busa in the back of my truck in less than 15 min. (including taking off the deck lid by myself)

Closer.JPG

To the Rescue!!!
Sikorsky Skycrane, and another helicopter with a bucket put out the flames before they burned down the $800k houses!

Skycrane_over_houses.JPG

The fire has moved east, not out yet. I'm out of danger but it going to smell like fire around here for a long time.
I don't want to see this out my bedroom window again!

Lookin__out_my_window.JPG

Very scary!! Great pics though...not something I'll see here...not like you guys are seeing in CA...

Glad it's not headed your way now, but man, that's got to have people in a panic and calling insurance companies...
wow.gif

See that's why I moved to Florida Big O! There is still room for you my friend. Be safe out there.

Marc

I'll say that's a little close. Come on rain.
wow.gif
Stay safe out there.

Dayum Owen!!!
wow.gif
That's a little too close for comfort! Glad it didn't get ya!! Is that Sand Canyon by your house where we rode last year?? Too scary... I'll get back to you about the August ride, and you let me know if any of the roads have been affected by the fire....

Peace!!

Lo

Good to know that fire was put out in time !! We lost several hundred homes just west of us here last summer ..
sad.gif

Hey Big O I was thinking of you on Monday when the fire flared back up. I could see out of my window at the Tower. If I could see it from Santa Monica I knew it was bad, glad to hear it missed you!!

See that's why I moved to Florida Big O!  There is still room for you my friend.  Be safe out there.

Marc
Drive about 20 miles west of Disney and you can see the damage here from a few years ago, we have our share of fires in Florida too. I think there was one last week down in the Everglades but it was put out by the rain.

AAAssjani.gif

See that's why I moved to Florida Big O!  There is still room for you my friend.  Be safe out there.

Marc
Drive about 20 miles west of Disney and you can see the damage here from a few years ago, we have our share of fires in Florida too. I think there was one last week down in the Everglades but it was put out by the rain.

AAAssjani.gif
Having grown up here in Florida I can tell you that the fires we have here are not on the same level as those in California. Hell the even have a season for it like a rainy season.

I will however keep my eyes open for the sirens.
smile.gif

I've never lived in California, I know the ones we had here didn't threaten near as many homes as the ones out west do. I guess they must have a lot more dense forest or maybe a series of factors that make theirs more dangerous.
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Back