Need a new chain and rear tire.

Timz0r

Registered
Just hit 24,000 kilometres on a 2009, and I'm in need of a new chain and rear tire. I'm looking to go with a BT-023 as I handily chewed through a BT-016 in 4,500 kilometres. I have a BT-016 on the front. I'd like to go with a stronger chain than stock. Any suggestions on model/brand? Also, any suggestions on where to buy? I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and have limited options in my area. For example, the local shop charges $336 for a BT-016 rear tire, lol.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yikes, I'm really really really happy with chain & sprocket life on the Busa.... 25,000 Miles and still lives. I went with Q2's this set. Likey.... I hope someone will have a recommendation for a chain upgrade. I always do chains & sprockets as a set.

Basically 15000 miles . If the chain is good and it should be , don't touch a thing. I got 32000 miles on my factory chain and could have gone further.

If your bike is stock you have all the chain you need brother. I replaced my factory chain with an EK ZZZ 530

Tim, the SuperSprox chain kit is very popular with busa owners.

International Postage would run you about $45 for that weight.

9020291870_509bba34a4_o.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies, folks. I have one stretch left on my chain before she's done; I tend to ride at a fairly hard pace through the twisties here in Nova Scotia, so maybe that's the difference. I can't see getting as many miles out of my chain as you have, man. Much respect. :)

Hey Pashnit, thank you. I'm definitely looking into that. :3

He's offering a kit which is good. Always change the sprockets and chain if wear is the issue. I'm not exacting a gentle rider, but I have learned a thing or two about chain maintenance. I had put two chains on my '06 by the time I had 36K miles on it.

I use Chain Wax on my chain every time (or two) I fill up. It's great stuff; keeps the chain looking new. My issue is with stretching. I've already adjusted it a few times, and have one last adjustment to make before I assume the chain is too stretched to use. I don't really ever launch hard in first, but anything higher than first is fair game, haha.

Tell that local shop for 336.oo it better include a free...:smileyexhibit:

Canada blows for bike/part prices.

As far as the chain being stretched to far to use...just cut a link out...back to square one.:laugh:

just kiddin'.

RSD.

EK ZVX is awesome and can't you guys get tires cheaper than that on the net?

Thanks for the quick replies, folks. I have one stretch left on my chain before she's done; I tend to ride at a fairly hard pace through the twisties here in Nova Scotia, so maybe that's the difference. I can't see getting as many miles out of my chain as you have, man. Much respect. :)

Hey Pashnit, thank you. I'm definitely looking into that. :3

Tim, you can of course buy the rear sprockets individually.

Oddly enough, international postage would be about the same for single sprocket or complete kit.

On my Gen-II
8533563148_f5fb9739d1_o.jpg

On my Gen-I
8533566572_d57207da63_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back