need a lil advice

busa1300nut

Registered
Ok guy.s, here,s my problem. I have an 02 with 57000 on the clock, slip on,s, no pc. At wot, she,s missing like it,s starving for gas, but if I back off the thtottle, just a little, it clears up. I checked for codes, onle got the coo code, no fault, but I noticed my tps was at the bottom, not the center, Well, when I raised the tank and messed around with the tps, I noticed it jumped back to the center where it belongs, but the set screw was not loose, but if I barely tried to move the tps, it will jump from center to bottom, and move it a lil more, it goes back to center.. Is the tps that touchy? Well, anyhoo, I think it is a fuel flow problem, I tried the injector cleeaner, not much differance. A friend of mine is coming over fri, and were switching tanks to see if it might be my pump bad or cloged.
Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas in case the tank swap doesn,t work.
Thanks in advance!

What is the maintence history been? I would go thru and make sure all filters are clean and run a bottle of fuel system cleaner thru it to fix any gumming issues.

Yeh, that,s what I,m thinking too. But, thought I,d swap tanks with my buddy first, since I gotta buy a frikn fuel pump to change the filter out. Thanks Susuki!
As far as the maintiance history, I bought it new and have did all the maint myself, and the fuel treatment is in it now, gonna put a few more miles on it before I try the tank swap.
Thanks for input guys, I,ll post up the results this weekend.

Just so you know, you don't have to buy the whole pump assembly. You can buy the fuel filter, o-ring and holder. It costs $329. The entire pump is like over $700.

Just so you know, you don't have to buy the whole pump assembly. You can buy the fuel filter, o-ring and holder. It costs $329. The entire pump is like over $700.

The filter it's self is only about $65!

Well, did the tank swap, and it ran better than it has in a long time. Tore the pump apart, and the mesh screen was clogged so bad I could barely blow thru it. Cleaned it out good and now all I Goya do is put the tank back on and try her out :poke:

Well, did the tank swap, and it ran better than it has in a long time. Tore the pump apart, and the mesh screen was clogged so bad I could barely blow thru it. Cleaned it out good and now all I Goya do is put the tank back on and try her out :poke:

Right one man!

When i read your original post, the only thing going through my head was clean your fuel filter, you should check that every year (depending on your riding habits) but at 57k miles it shows you ride a lot!

Well scrappy. You were spot on. Yest I cleaned the mesh screen but didn't realize I could flush out the filter cartridge it dawned on me this mourning that it was worth a try, and dam, it really brought the bike back to life
Thanks for the input guys

57k miles... time for:

Valve Adjustment
Compression Test
Check the inside of tank for rust
Fluid change on steering stabilizer, forks, clutch & brake resevoir.
Retorque all bolts

sorry i posted this a couple days back then didnt respond to my own thread but..was real pre-occupied..mother-inlaw passed away yesterday..but it's done with and thanks for all the great ideas, suggestions and sources..they will be forwarded...Tkanks again & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back