NEED A GOOD SHOP FOR ENGINE AND DYNO  WORK

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
hey all been a long time since i surfed hayabusa .org still tearin it up with my 2001 30k miles time to think about some rebuilding, gettin rid of my old power commander and getting a PCIII, possibly new stainless 4into 1 But i need to find a trust worthy mechanic with dyno in the Western Pa area, im near the pan handle of WV and can go about 100 mile any direction if i have to so lmk who you all trust

Well it looks like im going with Carpenter racing for the top end work on my 01 busa, they are only like 300 miles from me and the only one i talked to that really seem to know there ****. I ordering a new tiforce big sumo set to replace my akrapovic system. Bob at carpenter says he guarantees 210 plus if i use this pipe setup with his head work and mods, so well see.... im also having new bearings put in as well as having the crank polished should leave with me with a nice new 210hp engine.

Well it looks like im going with Carpenter racing for the top end work on my 01 busa, they are only like 300 miles from me and the only one i talked to that really seem to know there ****. I ordering a new tiforce big sumo set to replace my akrapovic system. Bob at carpenter says he guarantees 210 plus if i use this pipe setup with his head work and mods, so well see.... im also having new bearings put in as well as having the crank polished should leave with me with a nice new 210hp engine.
Bob's a real good guy. Tell him Ken says "Hi"
ThumbsUp.gif

Will do they said like 3 weeks till it will be ready so ill post up dyno results when i get it, i already asked that they use premium gas for testin as gettin race gas round here is really hard

i dropped it off this morning, just got home 12 hours drivin round trip damn im whooped. couldnt be more impressed with bob and his shop 35 busas in there now so id say the guy is a freekin busa demon. im getting there 210 hp package and also having my bearings and crank done as im over 20k it keeps the stock displacement so all total im spendin like 4200 for all the work top and bottom. if i went with the 1397 it would add another 1200 to the price and id only gain 15-20 hp give or take, so i had to say no to it as my budget was 5k and i kinda already went over that by 400. As i did get a new Ti Force big sumo exhaust w/ 480mm can on it as well, Bob Says for sure at least 210hp with premium gas and like 215+ with race gas. im curently at 172 with akrapovic race, full air box job, tre, pair, power commander ect, so i have pretty freekin high hopes about this work! and ill tell ya his shop had some freekin cool ass busas in it there was one makin 294hp no turbo or nitro WTF he showed me where it hits so hard, the rim spun inside the tire goin down the track thats unreal. heres the info from there site. Now im lookin at Three Weeks with out my bike.. im glad im leavin for vaca with the fam saturday so thats one week i cant ride anyway.

http://www.carpenterracing.com/hayabusa.htm
210 HP 3300 Hayabusa Package

We've taken our 200 horsepower Street Busa package and tweaked it for another
5% horsepower gain. Like the 200 hp package, the 210 hp package utilizes
the renowned Carpenter Racing 5-axis CNC head porting.

The 210 hp Busa package features:

* Hotter intake cam shaft than the 200 hp package
* Custom valve springs
* Additional porting to match new cam lift

This package records 210 rear-wheel horsepower at 111 ft lbs of torque
with stock pistons and stock valves!

Using this package Steve Jester has gone 8.83 @ 159.90 mph on motor
with DOT rubber and 60" wheelbase!

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Price complete $3,300
Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out

well 2 weeks without my busa just got back from vacation to find that Bob at carpenter is going on vacation this week ARRRRRRRGH lol i called them friday and they said it should still be done in the three week window so we will see, anyone here have any input on carpenters turn around

unless Bob runs into some problems that aren't within his control he's pretty darn good with his estimated completion times. I wouldn't worry about it.

I just spoke with him on the 6th and he didn't mention any vacation
argue.gif
I'm gonna have to bust his chops on that one
winkold.gif

yeah im just a nervous nellie missin my baby, i have all new custom painted plastics and a new dry shot kit with twin 12oz bottles to put on it so im just extra anxious.

I just had Brock's top end drop in kit installed on my '04. Stock displacement with racing cams and pistons. I also had the bearings replaced because I have over 30K miles on it. My only problem was hot start failure caused by insufficient cranking power. It appears that previous mods (yellow box, gear indicator, blue gauge instruments, PCIII) drew too much juice from the battery to start the engine when it's hot. I had to add a second battery. Fortunately, Schnitz Racing has a slick package that allows both batteries to recharge while riding. Solved the hot start failure problem, but with a new heavy duty main battery I shelled out over $600.

I am really pleased with the performance improvement, as if the thing needed one in the first place. West Hills Motor Sports in Moon Township is a Dynojet tuner; when the weather turns I'm going to have a custom map done. I had the bike tuned and dynoed in December 2006 at Maximum Performance Cycles in Toledo, and it read 165HP at the rear wheel with about 93ft. lbs of torque. The owner thought I was down somewhat on compression. I'll be interested to see new numbers now that I've got a new top end.

I just had Brock's top end drop in kit installed on my '04. Stock displacement with racing cams and pistons. I also had the bearings replaced because I have over 30K miles on it. My only problem was hot start failure caused by insufficient cranking power. It appears that previous mods (yellow box, gear indicator, blue gauge instruments, PCIII) drew too much juice from the battery to start the engine when it's hot. I had to add a second battery. Fortunately, Schnitz Racing has a slick package that allows both batteries to recharge while riding. Solved the hot start failure problem, but with a new heavy duty main battery I shelled out over $600.

I am really pleased with the performance improvement, as if the thing needed one in the first place. West Hills Motor Sports in Moon Township is a Dynojet tuner; when the weather turns I'm going to have a custom map done. I had the bike tuned and dynoed in December 2006 at Maximum Performance Cycles in Toledo, and it read 165HP at the rear wheel with about 93ft. lbs of torque. The owner thought I was down somewhat on compression. I'll be interested to see new numbers now that I've got a new top end.
you shoulda gone 24v start a long time ago then you could stay with either the OE Batt or gone to the ytz14s and just used a small ytx5l-bs for the secondary batt. A whole lot less than 4-500 bucks...

I've looked at schnitz DPDT switch they have but I don't know about the cab;e size on it. Do you know what gauge cables are mounted to it and how long they are?

Hindsight is 20-20. When the problem first arose we thought that merely upgrading to a single heavy duty battery would solve the problem, but didn't. So I had to add the second.

who did the top end work for you? When you go to west hills,Ask foir Eric Lerardo he is a top notch dyno guy, and did the original dyno work and mapping for me when he was working at northgate in cranberry, he builds honda 600's for an old friend i had that races and wins on them, so ya cant go wrong havin him tune you in, make sure you ask for him tell him boney joe said hey whats up?

I had my dealer, Bentley's, in Canonsburg PA do the work. They've always taken good care of me. I spoke to Eric at West Hills a while ago. Since he needs to keep the bike for about a week I'm going to wait until the good weather riding season is over.

Re: NEED A GOOD SHOP FOR ENGINE AND DYNO  WORK

6 more days and im there pickin her up at carpenter plane ticket is bought return trip is mapped all 2 lane roads up thru the applacian mtns to home should be an 8hr ride give or take now im just prayin for good weather

Orient Express Joe Han :thumbsup::bowdown:

boney1, thanks for the carpenter racing link. This will come in handy in the future.:thumbsup:

boney1, thanks for the carpenter racing link. This will come in handy in the future.:thumbsup:

No problem bud ill keep everyone posted and for sure will post up feedback after my 8hour test drive home tuesday.

just heard from BOB first dyno run was 206hp and apparently my chain is shot, and hoppin so bad hes afraid its gonna come apart on the dyno said second run should be well over 210 if the chain holds so now i just mailed my new ZZZ and my chain rivet tool to carpenter so when i get there tuesday i can change it and ride. lol if it aint one thing its another lol do any of you have similar luck with stuff happening

just heard from BOB first dyno run was 206hp and apparently my chain is shot, and hoppin so bad hes afraid its gonna come apart on the dyno said second run should be well over 210 if the chain holds so now i just mailed my new ZZZ and my chain rivet tool to carpenter so when i get there tuesday i can change it and ride. lol if it aint one thing its another lol do any of you have similar luck with stuff happening

Sounds good :thumbsup:

It's always something...I've blistered my tires from dyno runs.

Back