Navy Basic Training

cant edit above post.
Those are actually Remington or Springfield O3A3s but still amazing to watch..

Thanks BusaGirl! I am a ten year vet of the Air Force and could not be more proud of my son!

You couldn't talk him into the Air Force... :laugh: j/k

Congrats! Take lots of pics... :beerchug:

I'll never forget the day I left for Air Force BMT. Seems like just yesterday and it was over 10-years ago. Already been out almost 2-years; some good times... :thumbsup:

From a fellow sailor, please offer to your son "Fair Winds and Following Seas", from me.

:beerchug:

Congrats; you must be very proud.

Congrats !! My youngest son(now 26) has been in 4 of the six he signed for,was stationed in Jacksonville Fla. on DDG-99 USS Farragut,,after about two years of sea trials they were on first 'around the world deployment' ,,they ended up having to be innocculated for small pox and anthrax,,well now after many weeks of pain and suffering they finally tell him he has rhumatoid arthritis,due to the anthrax vaccine,,this has devastated him as he was in love with the navy life and was talking of making a life of it,,I know you do,but tell your son to be safe and maybe the navy will do more research into the vaccines they require for the sailors,,God bless you and your son, I know I am very proud of mine,, :bowdown:

:beerchug: a new brother in the family...congrats to him and u, i have 3 in, i have a year left on my first enlistment and it went fast and many experiences, im sure he'll enjoy it

MA3(EXW) Beasley

Congratulations. I served for 22 years in the British Royal Navy. I had a great time and never looked back. There is no I in team. Teamwork is everything in the Navy. I remember my parents being so proud of me when i passed out from HMS Raleigh. Never thought i would serve for 22 years but the job was great, promotion prospects good but i think it was the travel that hooked me. You do not realise how small the world really is until you visit these places. I was lucky enough to visit your great country a few times and take part in some exercises off the East Coast of the US with your guys. Exercise Purple Star in 1996 springs to mind. The Royal Navy always received a real warm welcome which ever US Port we visited. Always had a lot of time for the USN. Very professional crews. Long Beach, San Fransisco, Wilmington, Miami, West Palm Beach, just a few of the places in the US I was lucky enough to visit. Happy days. All the best and i wish him "farirwinds and calm seas" :bowdown:

Congrats and thanks to you and your boy. Words cannot properly express my thanks for all who serve. Prayers for his safety and the swift, succesfull execution of his assinged tasks in service to this great nation. Non sibi sed patriae. Anchors Aweigh.

He left you a boy, but will come back to you a man. congrats.

That is awesome!!

I remember flying up to Great Lakes to see hubby's "pass and review" back in 1995.

Do the Proud Daddy Chest Puff dance!!! :thumbsup:
Congrats Charlie to you and your Son! :bowdown: :cheerleader:

First.....Congrats to you for serving in the smartest of branches (you let your officers go fight!)

Second....Congrats to your son for getting through Navy Basic. Things have changed so much since I went through 17 years ago. Another shipmate in the mix!:cheerleader:
Being in the NUC program he is, WOW! He has his work cut out for him in Power school. I did not go to power school, but I fixed enough reactors to know quite a few that did. (there are 13 Subs both active and inactive that I have worked directly on their reactors)

HT2 (4956 nuc-welder)10 years

Graduation has come and gone and I have spent the day with Alex. I could not possibly be more proud. I would love to find the words to let my son know how his actions make me feel. He is assertive, confident, ....a sailor. Go Navy!

Standing in front of his division holding the Cutless (Sword) as the RCPO of his division.
IMG_5530.jpg

Group Hug
100.jpg

Last edited:
Go, Navy!

Congrats, again, and thanks for posting up that picture. You're all BEAMING!!!

Back