Name those plastics. What year color scheme?

06Busaking

Registered
This is my first post here. Looking at buying an 06 Busa. The price is good and the owner claims to have very low mileage. Bike is all stock, even has the reflectors still on the bike. Owner claimed the dealer sold him a "body kit" and had it installed when he bought the bike. I'm going to inspect and buy this bike on Saturday assuming the body kit isn't covering up some damage.

This is a picture of the bike. I Googled color schemes and it appears the 06 has a slightly lighter color and more striping. (see the part I circled in the image.) I know the one I'm looking at has a cheazy body kit that will be removed. That's not the problem. I just want to make sure the plastics are truly off of an 06, and that the bike hasn't been pieced together from plastics from a different bike. (I want to be sure the bike wasn't wrecked.)
Thanks in advance and I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum.

21959440167_large.jpg

21959440166_large.jpg

06BusaKing I think you need a pic of a real 06 to compare to as most often times things like you have are airbrushed and highlighted pics of the real thing. The very thing they highlight are the edges to give them 'speed' sitting still .

Be patient and I'm sure somebody with an identical bike will post pics of theirs.

Have you looked in the garage section here ?
Top left of screen second bar down.

Lots of pics there.

two different versions in 06? Solid black and black/grey?

EDIT: Ogre, you answered my question. Thanks.

Last edited:
The pic of the real bike is the right color, but the photo that you have is more then likely has been airbrushed or photoshopped. If you are able to get someone to go with you as a second eye to look over the bike is a very good idea also.

Def looks like an '06...
You have me curious about this "Cheesy BodyKit" now tho...???

No offense to anyone who has this kit. I just think it looks tacky. He says there are some plastic wanna be chrome parts that cover part of the engine and some other panels. He say's he got the body kit for 1/2 price ($700) from the dealer when he bought the bike new. They will be removed and the clutch cover, etc inspected for road rash before I buy it.

hopefully she's clean when you give her the once over. nice looking ride and welcome! :beerchug:

by body kit does he mean chrome frame covers?

get the vin# and run a check to see if it has a record.

How much is he asking for it? How many miles?

Compare prices on Ebay...selling prices not asking prices. Alot on there are asking but not getting.

by body kit does he mean chrome frame covers?

get the vin# and run a check to see if it has a record.

How much is he asking for it? How many miles?

Compare prices on Ebay...selling prices not asking prices. Alot on there are asking but not getting.

+1 think its the chrome covers. if so remove carefully, you can likely make some $$ reselling them :thumbsup:

Yeah looks like chrome frame and swingarm covers. The plastics look OEM as far as i can see. Good luck with your purchase, hope you get a good price.

:welcome: to the board

I have those cheesy frame covers. Before you toss or sell them picture the bike with the color an paint scheme going over the side an frame covers when done right it looks reaaly sharp. Check the gallery.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you romove the chrome covers and decide you would rather not have them on I would like the 1st option to buy I am sending PM

def a 06 its very hard to go buy suzukis website to compare colors and designs they almost never look like the real thing

have to agree with the other post, looks like a 06 to me also. but if you have any concerns about the bikes history get the vin # and go to the local police station they can run it to see if it has a clean history. (at least not stolen) then check vin # on carfax. ask the seller to remove the side fairing so you can really get down and look at the bike. (do the look, listen, feel check) ask the seller to start the bike and let it run for about 5-10 min
Look - at the overall condition of the bike,
Listen for the fan to kick on when it suppose to - ask the seller to start the bike and let it run for about 5-10 min. also while its running take the time to look at the clutch and oil covers for any sign of leaks. take a flash light with you to really inspect the bike. and finially
Feel - really feel around the bike checking for the smallest sign of any fluid.
If he's straight up then he shouldn't have any problems with what you're asking him to do. SORRY for the long read but just trying to pass on some friendly advise. good luck with the buy and welcome to the board.

Back