Replacing factory 2009 Busa decals / color scheme - suggestions please?

1UP

Registered
I've owned my first Busa now for about 6 months and have put on about 3.5k miles and am loving it! The factory white/blue/silver is really nice still but I'm wanting to change it up a bit or even completely (depending on cost, of course). I've tried Google image searching already but don't really feel like scrolling through thousands of unnecessary photos so I'm turning to you guys for a little help in deciding on a color scheme / design to replace mine with. My thoughts are that I want to try and keep the decals as close to stock as possible, as my fuel tank decal is under the clear coat. Personally, there's something about red (especially red accents) that really attracts my liking with most things. Have you guys come across any really nice looking bikes and have pictures to share? Below is a photo of the Busa that I have for reference.

rgere.jpg

Mine was originally the same as yours..been thinking about changing out the rear indicator pods for white.

20150217_122718.jpg

The decals have a shiny coating, but they're not under the clear coat...Unless it was done after-market.

Whoa! I personally like the "murdered out" look on my own bikes but DAMN DUDE! That white scheme looks pretty sweet as is. I can't advise on how you could make it better.

I would maybe pull the blue decals off the nose and roll with it. The bike looks sweet as is!

Can always sort through the Gen2 years and see if anything looks good. Buy that set and sell/store yours.

If your existing decals are cleared over then absolutely, no reason you can't as long as you take your time and have a heat gun on hand. If you don't feel confident enough to tackle yourself, buy the decal set and take to a reputable graphics company or body shop. Just take your panels off and bring with you.

I have a concern with overlaying new decals and had a few more questions. Is overlaying of the new ones done to prevent having to do work to remove old ones? Is the thickness of the two combined layers of decals noticeable? Is the old layer of decal preserved and reusable again by simply removing the top (new) layer of decal in the future?

Back