My Zombie-killing girlfriend - 1911-A1 Long Slide

Warchild

Banned
SCENARIO: I took a 46-year-old female to the shooting range last Tuesday. She has never been to a gun range before, and has never fired a handgun before, so I thought I would start her off gentle.... using my new stainless Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Long Slide!

All's I can say is.... it is Bad News to be on the receiving end of her sights! :bowdown:

1911 .45 ACP Long Slide - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like she did well and didn't flinch much.
Please do not let her hold it like that again.
With her left thumb up and over the back like that the slide will come back and the bottom of it will slice the web between thumb and first finger, bad. I promise it will happen. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people slice themselves open like that. Her support hand and all fingers need to be down and forward.

Watch this for a few good tips..

Blanca - what you say is correct, but the video angle is giving a misleading perspective. Her left thumb tends to go up to push against the ILS (Integral Locking System). Fortunately, the ILS is well below the slide action, so she's still okay, though it doesn't look like the case in the video.

She's also a right fair shot with my Browning 9mm. Here is her last 10 rounds of 9mm Parabellum at 75 feet... not too shabby! :thumbsup:

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

I see. If she holds that one like that she may hold all autos the same.
Not all will be so forgiving. Don't want to start her on any bad habits that may transfer to the wrong gun.
If she goes to shoot a .380 like that it will filet her.

Shes doing great :thumbsup:

Great vid Blanca :thumbsup:

Any thought toward center mass vs. the brain bucket :laugh:

Looks like she did well and didn't flinch much.
Please do not let her hold it like that again.
With her left thumb up and over the back like that the slide will come back and the bottom of it will slice the web between thumb and first finger, bad. I promise it will happen. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people slice themselves open like that. Her support hand and all fingers need to be down and forward.

Watch this for a few good tips..
Just like this?[video=youtube_share;m8o97YuPOco]http://youtu.be/m8o97YuPOco[/video]

I nearly jumped out the recliner. That vids worse than the big snake that gets the camera at the end :laugh:
That was me......I about fall out of my chair every time I watch it. Loomis is the one giving the lessons.

Back