My wife was deployed to Kuwait

Sane_man

Registered
I just got back at 2:30 this morning from dropping my wife off for her deployment to Kuwait.

She will be treating the wounded from Iraq in ward setup in the desert. She is scheduled to be gone for 120 days until the first week of May, so I hope it won't be any longer. It's hard having your wife serving in a war zone, but I know she will be OK.

support_ribbon20.jpg

She will probably be busy, but she will be okay. That 120 days will fly by! Let us know how she is doing.

Dang SM, sorry to hear that..... for you and her, the good thing is they need to keep the medical facilities pretty well protected, so as far as safety goes she should be as safe as you can be over there.

Keep us posted on her status and hang in there.....

How proud you must be of her.
Here's hoping the next 120 days will fly by...

I know that's got to be hard, but she'll be in our thoughts and prayers, as are our other members serving...let her know we're behind her and we thank her for what she's doing...

You hang in there...just tie up all your time with this board like so many of us seem to be doing!
smile.gif

Thanx to the both of you... let me know when your coming up thisaway bud, I'll buy lunch.
thumbs-up.gif

Sorry to hear man, I'll be praying daily for ALL the troops. Sucks big time, I'm not married but I know, in spite of my faith I'd be concerned about the safety of a love one over there. Stay encouraged bro!

Know the feeling Hawaiibusa. Wife and I served in the Air Force for 8 years while married. Two different carreer fields and one of always deployed while the other stayed home. It sucked, but in our mind we were doing the right thing at the time. Thoughts and prayers are with ya.

oh dang, sorry about that Sane_man. message was for you not Hawaiibusa.

Thanks for the kind words.

I wasn't really concerned at first until she came home with the flack jacket she was issued. Medical personnel aren't issued weapon's, so hopefully it will be enough.

She wouldn't accept my personal carry, so I'll use it to protect my bikes.
smile.gif

She will arrive in Kuwait in two days, then I will start counting down the days.

Hey Sane_man She will be just fine... Kuwait isn't too hot, and medical personel are looked after pretty well, they are too important...
thumbs-up.gif
120 Will motor right along...

Sane_man, if you need info or can't get in touch with her let me know and I'll see what I can find out for 'ya. Flack jackets are a required issue item, but she will probably not use it on a day to day basis, if at all.

My prayers go out to you and your wife, and all those who are serving in this war.

I just added her cell phone to an international calling plan, so she can call me if something happens. FYI: It costs $1.69/minute to call from Kuwait. She called me from Italy and said she will be in Kuwait by 6pm PST today.

Thanks again for the prayers and support.

hey sane, ya know a bunch of us have friends over there , maybe our friends and loved ones will meet and find that they have friends back home that worry about them. Maybe they will just know that they are in our prayers and that we worry about them. well lets not take any chances lets tell all over there that we are praying for them and that we worry about them, and if they happen to be our signifigant other lets remember to tell them just how much we love them and miss them. 120 days may seem like a lifetime but it will come to pass and your lady will return home to once again be in your arms .....hold her tight when she returns and pray with the rest off us that all goes well for those still there when she returns.....D

Back