My Very Slow Build

Hi. @202busa I just ordered from SAE Outlaw Performance the light weight pivot beating sleeves. I was thinking [that gets me into a lot trouble latlley] Do you think that would be OK to cross drill them? And would be willing to do it for me?
I can't do something like that easily I run swiss type machines
I would need a CNC or at least a knee mill
You could drill them but would want to make sure to deburr the cross holes well a burr getting skived down the aluminum may "weld it self" in or worse 1/2 way in

I think that's one perspective, but it's not the only one. What if you buy the best stuff and still invest the time making it all work? I think this is a lifetime build for MPH (ha ha just realized those initials are miles per hour!). There is nothing wrong with elbow grease and creativity, but it's not going to satisfy you if you wanted the best of the best. There is a lot of engineering and ingenuity in those parts, and many are just plain amazing performance wise. The thrill of not having to make due with stuff is really nice too. When you open the box on that amazing part and it is beautiful, sexy and bolts right in with all the loose ends resolved - that is at least as fulfilling as making it yourself IMHO. Once you get down to it, a rat car may beat a Ferrari to the finish line, but it still ain't a Ferrari. After all nobody ever bragged about beating a rat car in their Ferrari right?

I'm a little of both personally. But I can certainly see how it would be awesome to have built a bike that is as good as it can be.
Seen a huge trailer with to 2 Ferrair race cars (red & yellow) which were being dynode. The Red one had real long gears and was singing the most beautiful engine song; sounded wild & just kept climbing. Talked to shop owner's son afterwards and he was not impressed at all. He then told me that it only made about 335 or so HP on the dyno. I did not stay for the 2nd car loved the sound but it was solidly in SUV power levels, felt like I had been lied to.

Hi. The crank is payed for, now 13 to 15 weeks to build it and get it to me. Now it is time to start saving for the MTC Gen 2 clutch.
Hi. I ordered the MTC Gen 2 clutch with boost assis today. I have all the part numbers. The clutch is NOT in MTC s catalog or on there web site. Ken at Orient Express did not even know about it If you think the the Gen 2 clutch is a lot of money add 50% more.

Hi. I ordered the MTC Gen 2 clutch with boost assis today. I have all the part numbers. The clutch is NOT in MTC s catalog or on there web site. Ken at Orient Express did not even know about it If you think the the Gen 2 clutch is a lot of money add 50% more.
Hi. I ordered some fittings and hose for the air supply to the clutch. I also put $500.00 down on my Inconel turbo header. I am ordering Ti bolts for the MTC clutch. I would have ordered aluminum but the air assist uses a 3 to 1 assist pressure so 100 lbs makes 300 lbs of pressure on the clutch. That pushes on the cover. That is to much of aluminum bolts. I also have a phone # for a wind tunnel. I have to start to look hard for some more sponsorship!

Hi. I ordered some fittings and hose for the air supply to the clutch. I also put $500.00 down on my Inconel turbo header. I am ordering Ti bolts for the MTC clutch. I would have ordered aluminum but the air assist uses a 3 to 1 assist pressure so 100 lbs makes 300 lbs of pressure on the clutch. That pushes on the cover. That is to much of aluminum bolts. I also have a phone # for a wind tunnel. I have to start to look hard for some more sponsorship!
HI. I just received my Pro Bolt order in. So the 20 Ti bolts added $122.20 and the air fittings was $26.00 witch I will need more. This brings the price to clutch $3,050 + 122.20 +26.00+ clutch steel and friction plates $251.40 total so far =$3,449.60 so far. Today I ordered an on board air compressor.

What dose anyone think of cast iron sleeves?
I have put in some hours researching this since you first mentioned it Michael. Its a huge topic with varying opinions,most of which you probably already know. You have entered a very small world of expertise if you ask me.I'm following your build...pretty much fascinated.
Keep going Bro...yer quest is very cool and at your age (no offence) the fact that you will be piloting, you would think sponsors would like to jump on board. Get the word out as best you can. If I may help in anyway...I can devote some time. Unfortunately,that's all I can offer at this time.
Rubb.

I have put in some hours researching this since you first mentioned it Michael. Its a huge topic with varying opinions,most of which you probably already know. You have entered a very small world of expertise if you ask me.I'm following your build...pretty much fascinated.
Keep going Bro...yer quest is very cool and at your age (no offence) the fact that you will be piloting, you would think sponsors would like to jump on board. Get the word out as best you can. If I may help in anyway...I can devote some time. Unfortunately,that's all I can offer at this time.
Rubb.
Hi. Rubb. Thank you very much. I like your ride too. The hardest part is to keep it streetable and the money! Fuel is up in the air right now. It has to run on 93 pump. For race in gas classes 1000cc to 1350cc also 1350cc to 1600cc, 1600 to 2000cc that is why I am at 1340cc. but gen 2 pistions have 18mm wrist pens [ weaker ] so I went with gen 1 pistons with 20mm pins with the gen2 stroker crank, but they do not fit together. I am also have 10 to 1 custom turbo JE pistons.

So @michael parris heuberger what have you got for rod's then? I have Carrillo's but they match stock big end Gen II crank and small end turbo pistons.
Rubb.
Hi Rubb. I ordered a custom made set from C P Carrillo. Today I ordered a on board air compressor and am auto switch to keep it full. Is anyone using a vacuum pump to have a - pressure in the motor?In the past I ran a house with a tee from the cam cover and the breather to the exhaust pipe with a 1 way valve.

Hi Rubb. I ordered a custom made set from C P Carrillo. Today I ordered a on board air compressor and am auto switch to keep it full. Is anyone using a vacuum pump to have a - pressure in the motor?In the past I ran a house with a tee from the cam cover and the breather to the exhaust pipe with a 1 way valve.
No vacuum pump here, I am running out of places to mount S&^%T

Hi. Some life crap has come up. So it look like I have to go dark for a bit. The bike build will not stop. As I am starting to look at turbo set ups and I will be getting the MAXX ECU. I will go dark starting 10-5-2020.
HI. Well I am kind of back, I have a 3rd job now. I have received my MTC air assit clutch and cover I also bought an RCC sca pump and received my unit 5 triple tree and the swingarm pivit bolt weight for bolt with both nuts is 9 3/4 ounces. I may have them make me a Ti rear axle.

Back