My Very Slow Build

You are building one extremely incredible machine Mike. I am in awe. :bowdown:
Rubb.
Hi Rubb. I could go a lot wilder if I had a lot more $ ! Like carbon fiber frame and swingarm, all magnesium motor cases block, head and all covers For the turbo put the hot side on one side of the motor connected by a long center section to put the cold side on the other. That way there is no heat transfer from the hot side to the cold side

Hi Rubb. I could go a lot wilder if I had a lot more $ ! Like carbon fiber frame and swingarm, all magnesium motor cases block, head and all covers For the turbo put the hot side on one side of the motor connected by a long center section to put the cold side on the other. That way there is no heat transfer from the hot side to the cold side
That would be sweet an' all Mike...but jeezuz...you're working 3 jobs now to pay for this thing. Whats next? You going to start working in your sleep? :laugh: We gotta find you more sponsorships. When I get done with my buddy (his shop is closing,maybe for ever) I got a couple idea's I'll throw at you,help you with if you want. Maybe we can get some sponsorship help,etc...
I for one want to see this monster completed and do some runs.:thumbsup:
I'm sure a lot of guys are excited to see this,
Rubb.

That would be sweet an' all Mike...but jeezuz...you're working 3 jobs now to pay for this thing. Whats next? You going to start working in your sleep? :laugh: We gotta find you more sponsorships. When I get done with my buddy (his shop is closing,maybe for ever) I got a couple idea's I'll throw at you,help you with if you want. Maybe we can get some sponsorship help,etc...
Rubb.

Hi
Rubb.
Hi. Rubb. Thanks I would like to finish it.

Only 80! Well, when I was an illustrator I liked working 80-90 hours a week when I had to but now, I'd only do that if the pay was very good. The money was crap when I was an illustrator. How I feel about it is "if wht I do is not worth paying a high price like you would a plumber or an electrician, I'll just teach. I haven't missed it. I'm not motivated by the reverie of my own artistic talents anymore. It's pay or go somewhere else. There's easier money out there and I got it. I'm in reverie of other things now.

Only 80! Well, when I was an illustrator I liked working 80-90 hours a week when I had to but now, I'd only do that if the pay was very good. The money was crap when I was an illustrator. How I feel about it is "if wht I do is not worth paying a high price like you would a plumber or an electrician, I'll just teach. I haven't missed it. I'm not motivated by the reverie of my own artistic talents anymore. It's pay or go somewhere else. There's easier money out there and I got it. I'm in reverie of other things now.
Hi. I just ordered my rear sets from DME. Now for the chassis and body I only need headlight bulbs and neck bearings. I am still no crank. It is 8 weeks late. Looks like the motor will now be done in March or April now. So now it looks like the chassis, motor and body will be done in 2021 Than only turbo, MAXX ECU, helmet. and Leathers left to get. So I hope I will be racing in 2023. I have found a Billet head now to see if it is worth $7,000.00. I have about $4,000.00 in the one I have now.

I hope in 2023 you will be fit and healthy enough Michael to hold on to that beast :thumbsup:
Hi busafan08. Yes I hope I get it done before I die of old age! I ordered my rear set for stock rear master on 11/29/20 and I received the today 12/4/20. The bike will be painted white with purple pearl on the front blending into 3 shards of purple on the back half. The swing arm,rear sets, triple trees and covers will be black with purple Ti bolts where needed and purple aluminum bolts in low stressed places. WHAT color would paint the head, block and cases? I was thinking YELLOW? What color for the base pan PURPLE? What does anyone think?

@michael parris heuberger If you're going to paint the motor, yellow's an automatic good combination with purple. It will be an eyeball buster but the engine will just be peaking out with fairings on. I would go with the deepest purple up front and fade back to white on the tail. That way, you'll get maximum impact. A pale purple around the fairing holes will contrast less with the yellow accents of the engine than a deep purple. The belly pan should match whatever tone of purple you have above so I'm envisioning a pale purple on the belly pan. I think I'd go with black bolts on the frame and purple on the fairings. It doesn't matter much, a bolt head is easy to paint if you want to change the color. I think it's more tatsteful to visually break the bike up into chunks rather than mix it all up and make it too busy. Of course, you've probably seen my ZX-14. I have an awful lot going on that bike and I love it.

@michael parris heuberger If you're going to paint the motor, yellow's an automatic good combination with purple. It will be an eyeball buster but the engine will just be peaking out with fairings on. I would go with the deepest purple up front and fade back to white on the tail. That way, you'll get maximum impact. A pale purple around the fairing holes will contrast less with the yellow accents of the engine than a deep purple. The belly pan should match whatever tone of purple you have above so I'm envisioning a pale purple on the belly pan. I think I'd go with black bolts on the frame and purple on the fairings. It doesn't matter much, a bolt head is easy to paint if you want to change the color. I think it's more tatsteful to visually break the bike up into chunks rather than mix it all up and make it too busy. Of course, you've probably seen my ZX-14. I have an awful lot going on that bike and I love it.
Hi Mythos. I have 3 piece fairing set op. the nose and 3/4 sides and a one piece 12 inch over tail. The yellow was just to be able to see oil leaks easy. All the bolts are Ti or aluminum. I like the light color to dark color. I have a 1999 with the gen 2 tail. I was thinking of the HD purple paint that changes to blue in the sun for the main part of the tail and for the pods on the side a purple I made in the paint shop. To highlight the curves a lighter shade of purple that I made also. If you look around I have some pics of the fairings that came with the bike with a skull was on the side. I am going to make it look like it is coming out of the ace of spades, as my helo in Nam was the Killer Spade. I will do a pic of a helo below that on a Dust Off mission It all will be in a sky of purple, blue and pink flames.

That sounds cool @michael parris heuberger . I can't wait to see it! What color do you plan for the wheels? Leave them the normal carbon fiber finish? It sounds like white might be a nice color for the wheels but I would have a hard time being persuaded to paint CF anything. I have heard you can paint it though.
Hi. At this point in time I DO NOT have carbon fiber wheels. DME told me that they have broken them, so I went with DY MAG magnesium wheels. They are purple I also have Beringer brakes in purple too. They have purple Ti bolts. But I would paint them!

Back