My Very Slow Build

Hi. Thanks. Some good news! I have someone to make me 1/2 raked triple trees for $400.00 less than gutting the neck cut so I only have to shot neck it need room for a big turbo.
Hi. I ordered the Ti chain 170 links super good price. I also ordered a oil catch can, it is from Unit 5. They make a lot of Ti parts. You can get the parts from 1 Stop speed 609-798-1798. He is another great guy to deal with. I will also be buying the 1/2 inch positive offset triple trees, the Ti swingarm pivot bolt and some other parts.

Hi. Nastee. Thank you. I admit it is not easy,it is a lot longer and harder than I thought and a lot more money. I spend every extra cent I get on the bike. I have had to make a lot of compromises to keep it street legal. It also hard to keep it as light as possible. The brakes it was $800.00 extra for Ti pistons to save 8 ozs. Now I can not use the helmet that I wanted. It weighted 2lbs 14ozs cost $669.00. next one Shoei 3lbs .62 ozs $789.00 than AGV piesta 3lbs .31oz $1,000.00 than an Arai x-rc 3lbs .06oz $3,995.00 than the top of the line Stilo at 2lbs 8oz for $5,495.00. It goes on a stainless exhaust manafold $1,200.00 a DME Inconel 4lbs lighter $3,800.00. I thought I would spent about $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 to build it, I think about $100,000.00 or more. to get what I want. What helmet should I get.
100k on your bike? I'm struggling to get a new turbo, header and exhaust....

Hi. I ordered the Ti chain 170 links super good price. I also ordered a oil catch can, it is from Unit 5. They make a lot of Ti parts. You can get the parts from 1 Stop speed 609-798-1798. He is another great guy to deal with. I will also be buying the 1/2 inch positive offset triple trees, the Ti swingarm pivot bolt and some other parts.
Not sure I am a fan of a ti chain. I learned ti. Is not for everything when I built a set of bicycle wheels with titanium spokes

Love the wagon! I always love wagons - they are real street cars for guys with lots of stuff! Cheers
Hi. I just got a baffled oil catch can from Unit 5 from 1 Stop Speed 639-798-1798. I picked up the AN fittings from Westgate Performance. Now I need some HELP I want to get Unit 5s billet triple trees. I am not sure if I should get the +1/2 inch or the + 1 inch offset. What is the stock rake and trail? And does anyone know the formula to figure the new rake and trail with the new triple trees? it has was 45 years ago when I built my chopper. I started with a new Amen frame, I cut the neck off and extened it out 1 foot and racked it so a 25 inch over springer front end set the frame level ground. The bike was longer than a 1965 chevy van. Do not forget this was in the 70s rember Easy Rider.

.. What is the stock rake and trail?
rake is 24.2 degrees and the trail is 3.8"
1.25 offset. And unit 5 aint got sht on mine less offset is better weight transfer wise and oal, but concider your turbo/headers placement cause obviously your losing front tire clearance.

Hi. Nastee. Thank you. I admit it is not easy,it is a lot longer and harder than I thought and a lot more money. I spend every extra cent I get on the bike. I have had to make a lot of compromises to keep it street legal. It also hard to keep it as light as possible. The brakes it was $800.00 extra for Ti pistons to save 8 ozs. Now I can not use the helmet that I wanted. It weighted 2lbs 14ozs cost $669.00. next one Shoei 3lbs .62 ozs $789.00 than AGV piesta 3lbs .31oz $1,000.00 than an Arai x-rc 3lbs .06oz $3,995.00 than the top of the line Stilo at 2lbs 8oz for $5,495.00. It goes on a stainless exhaust manafold $1,200.00 a DME Inconel 4lbs lighter $3,800.00. I thought I would spent about $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 to build it, I think about $100,000.00 or more. to get what I want. What helmet should I get.
Don't think you have to worry about a helmet just yet. But the short wise answer is the one that fits your melon. Again tenths of ounces & massive increases in price just don't add up; you will never be able to feel the difference in weight and can use that money on meaningful parts. May be it is time to change up how you are approaching this build? The best that $ can buy does not always end up being the best end result. Knowledge & ingenuity can trump throwing $ at a car, bike whatever. You have plenty of experience & Knowledge! The sum of the parts combined as a whole can be greater than it should on paper. How can a production muscle or sports car loose 600-1000HP lose in a drag race to a tested dialed in 475HP drag car? Why does this one guy use old heavy steal truck blocks to build his hot rods instead of aluminum ones? Cost & that he knows they are more durable, last, readily available, cheap & that he is going to torture it with power adders pushing the limits. If it lets go he builds another & is not out 10-20 grand. Just saying go with what you know works rely on you & the things you can create or do differently than others; the little things that make a world of difference. How many Lambos, Ferraris get smoked by a small block junk looking car & the owner can't understand how or why. Make a new list step by step in order, what do I need next & why followed by what to achieve X. Building as you go in stages. Consider you could be racing again testing & perfecting modifying the direction as you go. Frame, Motor built to future needs then add turbo later on when $ allows but you could be enjoying the bike as you go for years. Not to be negative but what if you spend a ton of money get it finished the way you imagine you want it then stick it into the wall due to new set up or the unforeseen? How did you go about building that radical rail back when? Get back to that creative this is what I am making & how. Everyone here likes you & your build because it means so much to you not because of what this or that part is made of or costs. I want you to have fun getting to where ever this build takes you. Plenty of people run out of time never getting to see their project finished & were so close.

Don't think you have to worry about a helmet just yet. But the short wise answer is the one that fits your melon. Again tenths of ounces & massive increases in price just don't add up; you will never be able to feel the difference in weight and can use that money on meaningful parts. May be it is time to change up how you are approaching this build? The best that $ can buy does not always end up being the best end result. Knowledge & ingenuity can trump throwing $ at a car, bike whatever. You have plenty of experience & Knowledge! The sum of the parts combined as a whole can be greater than it should on paper. How can a production muscle or sports car loose 600-1000HP lose in a drag race to a tested dialed in 475HP drag car? Why does this one guy use old heavy steal truck blocks to build his hot rods instead of aluminum ones? Cost & that he knows they are more durable, last, readily available, cheap & that he is going to torture it with power adders pushing the limits. If it lets go he builds another & is not out 10-20 grand. Just saying go with what you know works rely on you & the things you can create or do differently than others; the little things that make a world of difference. How many Lambos, Ferraris get smoked by a small block junk looking car & the owner can't understand how or why. Make a new list step by step in order, what do I need next & why followed by what to achieve X. Building as you go in stages. Consider you could be racing again testing & perfecting modifying the direction as you go. Frame, Motor built to future needs then add turbo later on when $ allows but you could be enjoying the bike as you go for years. Not to be negative but what if you spend a ton of money get it finished the way you imagine you want it then stick it into the wall due to new set up or the unforeseen? How did you go about building that radical rail back when? Get back to that creative this is what I am making & how. Everyone here likes you & your build because it means so much to you not because of what this or that part is made of or costs. I want you to have fun getting to where ever this build takes you. Plenty of people run out of time never getting to see their project finished & were so close.
I think that's one perspective, but it's not the only one. What if you buy the best stuff and still invest the time making it all work? I think this is a lifetime build for MPH (ha ha just realized those initials are miles per hour!). There is nothing wrong with elbow grease and creativity, but it's not going to satisfy you if you wanted the best of the best. There is a lot of engineering and ingenuity in those parts, and many are just plain amazing performance wise. The thrill of not having to make due with stuff is really nice too. When you open the box on that amazing part and it is beautiful, sexy and bolts right in with all the loose ends resolved - that is at least as fulfilling as making it yourself IMHO. Once you get down to it, a rat car may beat a Ferrari to the finish line, but it still ain't a Ferrari. After all nobody ever bragged about beating a rat car in their Ferrari right?

I'm a little of both personally. But I can certainly see how it would be awesome to have built a bike that is as good as it can be.

I think that's one perspective, but it's not the only one. What if you buy the best stuff and still invest the time making it all work? I think this is a lifetime build for MPH (ha ha just realized those initials are miles per hour!). There is nothing wrong with elbow grease and creativity, but it's not going to satisfy you if you wanted the best of the best. There is a lot of engineering and ingenuity in those parts, and many are just plain amazing performance wise. The thrill of not having to make due with stuff is really nice too. When you open the box on that amazing part and it is beautiful, sexy and bolts right in with all the loose ends resolved - that is at least as fulfilling as making it yourself IMHO. Once you get down to it, a rat car may beat a Ferrari to the finish line, but it still ain't a Ferrari. After all nobody ever bragged about beating a rat car in their Ferrari right?

I'm a little of both personally. But I can certainly see how it would be awesome to have built a bike that is as good as it can be.
HI. Thanks all. I am going with the 1 inch positive offset [more stable at high speed'] I have some off the best people helping so it should turn out good. I asked Unit 5 If he will make some custom changes to the trees. I also ordered a baffle windage tray for my billet oil pan also [ c 10 ] the titanium swingarm pivot bolt.

Hi. DME makes a nice one in Inconel. It has a high resistant to corrosion and is lighter.
Is the header inconel? Or the turbine on the turbo? Tbh ive played mechanic for awhile and its was fun about 10 percent of the time, probably created more problems. Ive talked to boosted and plan on letting him do one of his stage 1's, IF my motor is solid. I have a oil leaks and am not sure what its from. Sorry for the thread jack.

Hi. DME makes a nice one in Inconel. It has a high resistant to corrosion and is lighter.
Hi.
Is the header inconel? Or the turbine on the turbo? Tbh ive played mechanic for awhile and its was fun about 10 percent of the time, probably created more problems. Ive talked to boosted and plan on letting him do one of his stage 1's, IF my motor is solid. I have a oil leaks and am not sure what its from. Sorry for the thread jack.
Hi. The header is all made out Inconel. It is $3,800.00. It is about 4 lbs lighter.

Thats crazy!:is it 4lbs lighter because ofbthe characteristics of the inconel?
Hi. i am trying to make the bike as light a possible, I have a titanium clutch pusher Ti bolts in stressed places aluminum in lightly stressed. I have Beringer Brakes with Ti pistons and bolts to hold them on to the bike and together. I have a Penske rear shock with a Ti spring also Ti motor bolts and shock bolts. I also have a Ti swingarm pivot bolt.

Hi. i am trying to make the bike as light a possible, I have a titanium clutch pusher Ti bolts in stressed places aluminum in lightly stressed. I have Beringer Brakes with Ti pistons and bolts to hold them on to the bike and together. I have a Penske rear shock with a Ti spring also Ti motor bolts and shock bolts. I also have a Ti swingarm pivot bolt.
I ordered the Scotts steering stabilizer today. Now the last things I need to finish the frame is to have it short necked and the Led head light bulbs. Y he motor will be done this year. Then the Maxx ECU, turbo, fuel injectors. Then the Helmet and the Heroic racing apparel Kangaroo leather suite. Then off to race LSR.

I ordered the Scotts steering stabilizer today. Now the last things I need to finish the frame is to have it short necked and the Led head light bulbs. Y he motor will be done this year. Then the Maxx ECU, turbo, fuel injectors. Then the Helmet and the Heroic racing apparel Kangaroo leather suite. Then off to race LSR.
HI. I receives an E Mail from C P Corrillo that my rods are done. They ship out to me in the next few days.

Back