My trip went well despite my newly aqquired diabetes...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Last week i posted that Oren Ishii and i were rolling on up to winter garden/orlando so i could install an ivans jet kit and tune a newly aqquired 04 yamaha Fz1 for a friend..(his 3rd one with a busa inbetween the last 2..he changes flavors often)..Oren and i headed out last friday night for a miracle run up the turnpike that had us threading the needle with rainstorms all whist my insulin was on ice in my tankbag..always had a rainstorm either to the left or right of me until i got north of canoe creek and then it was just black ahead..pulled off the side of the turnpike to don my raingear..checked nws radar on my droid x2..and 2 viscous red cells were ahead as i zoomed in and then timed my run and viola..nailed it..at one point it was like something out of a hollywood movie..had a thunderhead wall of water 1/4 mile to my left and another 1/4 mile to my right with multiple lightening strikes coming out of each as oren and i threaded the needle and barely got a light misting..my friend grilled me a porterhouse steak when i got there and settled in then woke up bright and early the next morning to fresh expresso & eggs and tore into his fz1 pulling the carbs..installing new jets and needles..drilling out air bypasss holes..retuning the tps..and finally wifey showed with the family and the grandson and my motion pro mercury stix to do the final synching of his carbs..then it was off to kobe steak house on international drive for a family setting at the habachi grill and then checked into the crown plaza hotel (2 rooms for free..oldest daughter is a marriot employee) and then it was time for my payoff as my bud covered my family (all 6 of us including the 11 month old grandson) a free walk into the magic kingdom for a beautiful sunday at disney and the grandson was thrilled...as we got to celebrate the 10th anniversary of 911 by watching my grandson see the Mickey Mouse Parade..good stuff..then rode on home...been clean & sober going on 14 months now and actually happy that i finally got to a doc and discovered i have diabetes..at least it explained a lot of what was going on with me and since getting the proper meds i'm feeling reborn again..wanting to do things..wanting to ride again..and it feels good..just thought i'd share and?..

attachment.php

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Sound like you had a great time.
You sound much much better than you did about 18 months ago.
Hope the family are all good.
Grandson 11 months old already, it goes so quick.
Keep up the good work.
Dave.

Back