My -newishy- Busa!

MokuTheCow

Registered
So I missed my chance last year to pickup the 06 LE, but by fate a few weeks ago I found an ultrow-low mileage one sitting on Craigslist.

Bought her with just 600 miles.

Now, this is my first bike... But don't whip out those flamethrowers just yet. I did happen to actually learn on my dad's 02 when I was 17, and when he was out of town... Me and the 02 (Grey and Blue) would have a lot of fun together. I just turned 21, got a great job and a well put together life that I wouldn't mind injecting some fun into. The bike is really about commuting than anything more... sinister.

My father had to sell his a few years back, but I never lost the itch to get back on one. My only complaint is I remember it being a lot faster
crazy.gif

O well. New stuff is in the mail already.

<ul>Aftermarket mirrors
K&N Oil+Air filter
Full Synth Oil
And some other goodies.[/list]

I hope to see you guys around at some meets. I'm sure I'll be asking lot's of go-faster questions in the coming months... Although; It's not like I need _another_ ticket on this thing.

Dsc00919.jpg

BTW, the bike was parked on the street in this picture. I wear my gear, I just wasn't coming or going anywhere right then.

Welcome to the board..

now can you edit the pic and make it smaller please, I am having to scroll all over the place
SHOCKED.gif

That's the biggest pic of reflectors and warning labels on a Busa I've ever seen.
SHOCKED.gif

Your head is larger than life on my 21in monitor,,Welcome to the org. no more pics ,please,no more.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
 And Congrads  

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Just Joking --- Enjoy the New Bike  
super.gif

Hi Moku, now that I'm done laughing at the humor with picture size, let me be serious for a minute. My 60 birthday is in 3 weeks and my Hayabusa is my 70th motorcycle. You are young, energized and rightfully thrilled about your awesome new toy. I got mine 6 mos. ago and still go out to the garage some evenings and stare at it in satisfaction and contentment. It's OK to obsess about performance and kick butt speed.....but that must be blended with a great deal of respect for the bike and humility about how much you must learn to be worthy to be this bikes pilot. As a cop in a large city, I've actually picked up brains with a clipboard from a deceased motorcyclist that was showing off in front of a group of friends(wheelies, burnouts). When I was your age, I'm not sure I would have listened to the advice of a veteran biker, but I'm writing this anyway. Please include safety and skill in everything you do with this bike and it will give you thousands of miles and hours of incredible pleasure! Remember how powerful humility is.....and I wish you all the best. Raydog

Img_9205_Busa_Classic.jpg

Ya congrats on your new ride... Darn that is one huge pic. Is it life size?
beerchug.gif

(raydog @ May 05 2007,08:43) Hi Moku, now that I'm done laughing at the humor with picture size, let me be serious for a minute. My 60 birthday is in 3 weeks and my Hayabusa is my 70th motorcycle. You are young, energized and rightfully thrilled about your awesome new toy. I got mine 6 mos. ago and still go out to the garage some evenings and stare at it in satisfaction and contentment. It's OK to obsess about performance and kick butt speed.....but that must be blended with a great deal of respect for the bike and humility about how much you must learn to be worthy to be this bikes pilot. As a cop in a large city, I've actually picked up brains with a clipboard from a deceased motorcyclist that was showing off in front of a group of friends(wheelies, burnouts). When I was your age, I'm not sure I would have listened to the advice of a veteran biker, but I'm writing this anyway. Please include safety and skill in everything you do with this bike and it will give you thousands of miles and hours of incredible pleasure! Remember how powerful humility is.....and I wish you all the best. Raydog
Well said!
bowdown.gif

Back