My new exhaust system

Wow, I love it, I have been installing a turbo system on my busa as well, though, it's still not done! Congrats man! Looks awsome!

lurk.gif

(kawiboy11 @ May 24 2007,18:23) Wow, I love it, I have been installing a turbo system on my busa as well, though, it's still not done! Congrats man! Looks awsome!

lurk.gif
will you be running the turbo and nitrous?

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:trebuchet ms'></span><span style='color:royalblue'></span>
Non Turbo related question...
How much of a difference, actually I should say what did your bike feel like after you got those Marchesini Mags?
Carbon Fiber or Mag??? Your thoughts...

Looks like a very clean and professional install, very impressive!
bowdown.gif

(Luvanicebum @ May 24 2007,20:53) <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:trebuchet ms'></span><span style='color:royalblue'></span>
Non Turbo related question...
How much of a difference, actually I should say what did your bike feel like after you got those Marchesini Mags?
Carbon Fiber or Mag??? Your thoughts...
They are forged aluminum, not magnesium. I chose them for a few reasons. First I wanted BST carbon rims, but they have a shelf life and become brittle over time. The deciding factor on the aluminum over the magnesium was that the aluminum is easily repairable. I don't want to sound like a worry wart, but I didn't want to spend the money only to have useless rims if something ever happened to them.
The rims are the single most noticable improvement i've done to my bike (accept the turbo now). It handles very tight and feels much lighter when I ride it. I recommend lightweight wheels as your FIRST upgrade if you can afford them.

(Cblast @ May 24 2007,21:22) Looks like a very clean and professional install, very impressive!
bowdown.gif
Thankyou very much. I spent alot of time not rushing to do things right. I probably could have done the entire install in one long day, but I didn't want to cut any corners. It does bother me that there are hose clamps on my 90psi fuel system though. My first turbo upgrade will be to change to all AN fittings on the fuel and oil lines.

No, not the nitrous & turbo, not till the motor blows, and a bore it out, then I can go with both. I think the turbo will do just find however!

beerchug.gif

When I upgraded to a stage 2 setup I sprated a small I mean really small like 15-25 shot it not really for the nitrous part of it but it acts like a intercooler bringing the intake temp down drasticly allowing us to run more boost with less worry. just my 2 cents.

A very good post!  We want to see and hear more about riding it once you get it tuned!  
beerchug.gif

(gerge @ May 29 2007,11:52) Did you use the HAHN portfueler system?
I talked to my tuner and he isn't a fan of the portfueler since it aims the injectors against the side of the throttlebody, not down towards the valve. I believe I will be upgrading to a different fuel system since the FMU's are know to go bad early in their lifespan. I will be upgrading to larger injectors and a complete Aeromotive fuel system with a return style fuel pressure regulator. This probably won't be till the end of the year though as I would like to ride the bike in it's current state.

Hey Black954
What Brand Turbo
I Have A Velocity Stage 1 Coming in about 3 weeks
Are you installing Water Injection
Install Looks Great
super.gif

It's a Hahn stage1. I have to look at my options on water injection vs. intercooling before I decide. I will definately do one though. Goodluck on your install, just make sure to TAKE YOUR TIME and it won't be overwhelming.
beerchug.gif

Back