My new edition (Air Ride) Dapincci

coreywiley

Registered
This is my bike with the Dapincci Air Ride installed. Thanks BigRod330 ! He did a really outstanding job eventhough I had to ride almost 100 miles to get to his house and even got stuck in a thunderstorm the second go round,but it was well worth it. If you notice in the pictures my air bottle had to be mounted on the side like a Nos tank. Only because there was no room in the trunk. So here's the pictures. Sorry for the junky garage in advance!!!

100_1882.jpg

100_1881.jpg

100_1879.jpg

100_1880.jpg

100_1878.jpg

100_1877.jpg

Last edited:
nice! why not mountin´ the bottle between wheel and swingarm? there´s enough clearance cause you´re riding extensions. i think that would look much cleaner.

This is a Dapincci dual chamber air-ride. We also did my quick up mod for the fast raise. Corey also got the same digi guages as me to monitor the riase/lower and hard/soft comfort psi settings. And to think...I had my cam laying on the work table the hole time......:banghead:but did not take any install pics.

nice! why not mountin´ the bottle between wheel and swingarm? there´s enough clearance cause you´re riding extensions. i think that would look much cleaner.

i was going to do that at first. i even bought the bracket which turned out being way to big for my 1lb bottle. so this was my next choice

I keep telling myself I'm gonna do that, but haven't. Nice.

thats cool. it goes a lot higher than i thought it would and it moves pretty quickly. the only thing i dont like is the sound of that little compressor hard at work.

how long did it take you to install it

Installing the actual airride one thing. The instant up is just simple wireing and running lines. Time is spent finding the best place for everything. Coreys Busa is a GenII,,,,bit tighter to find the room on it. GenI like mine have plenty.
Took a full day to do the hole thing basicly

thats cool. it goes a lot higher than i thought it would and it moves pretty quickly. the only thing i dont like is the sound of that little compressor hard at work.

What you hear is the compressor vibrating against the subframe where it is mounted. I have rubber issolation between it and the frame...but still hear it. SOme have made a bracket and put the compressor under the tank off he actual tank mount. The more you issolate it the quieter it is. IF holding it in your hands ...its very quiet.

oh okay. thats not so bad then. i thought that sound was the actual compressor instead of its vibration.

On the instant up...Are u just doubling up on the Valves? I`ve done several air suspensions on vehicles. On those you just up the Valve size. Thanks, u do nice work!!!

On the instant up...Are u just doubling up on the Valves? I`ve done several air suspensions on vehicles. On those you just up the Valve size. Thanks, u do nice work!!!

NOPE. double valve lets air thru faster, but not if on a compressor. The compressor can only put out some much are at a time. MPB air ride set up sells with a dual compressor to put out twice amount of air at time. MY instant up is having a bottle for stored air...that when toggled rushes the air cylinder for the up pop. Do a search...there is a hole thread about the INSTANT UP.

Is there a big dif. in the ride and handle on the bike or is it more of an appearance mod?? still nice

Dont know what happen to Corey that he is NOT posting on his own thread, but.
Air ride started as show thing, but now with the dual chamber setup you can control the hieght and the comfort stiffness you want ( rebound). I handle great on the street with my rebound set at 85-85 psi for me, and 82psi in the twisties. Less psi in the rebound side of the cylinder also lets the bike sit just a bit higher.
See the raise is one psi setting, but then when you draw in psi into the other side of the cylinder working against the other.....it pulls the bike back down in hight. In vid link I post further up on the page...you see my busa pop up( thats the quick raise 100%), then it pulls down ( that the rebound setting to ride hight)....then I just play with it for vid purpose and show.

So to answer your question....once the PSI setting is found for your riding style and your weight....you good to go.
I also drag race mine....but set it stiff for better launch. Ideally if only a drag bike....I would not go air ride.

Dont know what happen to Corey that he is NOT posting on his own thread, but.
Air ride started as show thing, but now with the dual chamber setup you can control the hieght and the comfort stiffness you want ( rebound). I handle great on the street with my rebound set at 85-85 psi for me, and 82psi in the twisties. Less psi in the rebound side of the cylinder also lets the bike sit just a bit higher.
See the raise is one psi setting, but then when you draw in psi into the other side of the cylinder working against the other.....it pulls the bike back down in hight. In vid link I post further up on the page...you see my busa pop up( thats the quick raise 100%), then it pulls down ( that the rebound setting to ride hight)....then I just play with it for vid purpose and show.

So to answer your question....once the PSI setting is found for your riding style and your weight....you good to go.
I also drag race mine....but set it stiff for better launch. Ideally if only a drag bike....I would not go air ride.

No I'm here. You're doing such a great job of explaining everything. You can explain it better than I can. But anyway! The air ride is great I usually ride at a comfort of about 87 cause I like that low look and I still I don't have feel every bump in the road.

Back