My new busa - pics. (from South Africa)

Thanks for the info guys.

Regarding the decibel killer. I don't see any insert or anything in the tip of the exhaust, but that hole looks mighty tiny to me. I wonder if I can buy a different end cap for the can perhaps...

2nd day I had the bike and it already went to 280km/h. Im amazed how easily it goes there. The gixxer had to be wound up quite a bit to get to those speeds. But I guess it's expected with the bigger motor.

Nice forum you guys have here. A lot of usefull info and interesting reads. :thumbsup:

:welcome:to the Org Doctor G, nice ride. I had to replace fork seals as well at 11500 kilometers ( 7100 miles ) due to a pit mark in the fork when previous owner had it. It cost a arm and a leg as they had to redo the forks in hard chrome then redo the coating. To make matters worse the Suzuki dealer in Port Elizabeth stuffed up the forks putting them back together. Had my bike done recently by Wayne Heasman in Roodepoort and he sorted out the forks plus did a few mods to mine. That looks like a full system, standard headers dont have springs.

Where in SA are you?

The bike does not have to be wheelied to have the fork seals leak, but wheelies sure help it along! Had a friend with 600 miles on his and the seals leaked, and he never rides wheelies!

Hey guys,

Im actually in Allen's Nek, Roodepoort. I used to service my gixxer with Wayne Heasman. Was just a bit disapointed the last time I went as they used regular Shell Helix 15w40 car mineral oil in my bike.

How much did they charge for the Fork Seal job SABUSABOY?

I also noticed the bike has a BMC filter. Nice. So besides the forks and front tyre I have nothing to spend on this bike. Also, +/-5 bolts on the busa to get to the Air filter vs about 16 on the gixxer was a pleasant susprise. :laugh:

ps: I did check the wheel fender and the underside of the nose. No scratches or indications of wheelies.

Also, judging by the previous owner who was well into his 50's and is selling the bike cause his eye sight is making it hard for him to ride, I don't think he abused the bike at all. He almost threw in the bike trailer for free since he's giving up riding now. He was the second owner though and all the stuff like the exhaust etc was done by the owner before him (1st owner) who had the bike for a mere 3000 miles.

Hi Doctor, Wayne charged me about R950.00 to rebuild them, but that was just to sort out the stuff up that the Suzuki dealer did in PE, did not include seals as they were new to begin with.

Wayne's a good guy, but you have to be specific with what you want with any shop. Dont know what oil he put in mine, but i change my oil often so does not really worry me that much. Do most of my own services just the more complicated things i leave to the people in the know.

I want to start to do my own rebuilds to the engine, will save a wad of cash but all in due time.
Is there a Power Commander on the bike? If there is not one i would suggest getting one as half a full system and BMC air filter, your fueling will be out and not getting the full potential of the exhaust and air filter. The new PCV for 2002-2007 would be the better option than the old PC3usb. You can also put a intake cam with cam sprockets and small air box mod if you want a bit extra. You can find my bike at the following

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/dyno-kings/132213-bike-tuned-thoughts-please.html

Use search fuction on the site to get some more info.
Good Luck and if you need some help, just message me.
Dylan

WHat is the best screen for these bikes? The current MRA screen puts too much wind on my chest. I'm pretty tall.

Welcome to the busa family, I just got my first one also, this site has already helped with a few things,

busa6.jpg

Al wat jy kort is 'n rooi kruis dan kan jy dit as 'n ambulans gebruik!:laugh:

Jokes aside nice bike
Regards

Back