My new busa - pics. (from South Africa)

Doctor G

Registered
Hey guys,

New here. Sold my K6 gsxr1000 last year and decided to get a new bike this year. Picked up this neat K6 Hayabusa with 9900miles on it. Has a few basic extras but needs fork seals to be replaced. Is that normal for this mileage?

k6busa.jpg

100_1445.jpg

Did an oil change yesterday and it seems to me the bike has a full system? Here are some pic. Let me know if it is a full system or if that's the stock busa headers please.

Also, can I shorten the Yoshi TRS to make it a bit louder? It seems so quiet.

IMG00667.jpg

IMG00669.jpg

IMG00670.jpg

IMG00668.jpg

IMG00671.jpg

Loving the bike otherwise. Just the fuel needle drops very fast :poke:

No, the previous owner more than likely liked the wheelies. Check the header tubes under the oil pan for damage, and check the front fender for a faint scratch across the top where the fender and nose touched during landings. :laugh:

:welcome: to the oRg. Beautiful ride.

Welcome.. nice find..

make sure you replace with factory seal...... have not had good look with the aftermarket ones.

When you redo your seals, go with heavier springs and Ohlins oil and seals. I had mine redone for a couple hundred bucks. Never had to do it again!

No, the previous owner more than likely liked the wheelies. Check the header tubes under the oil pan for damage, and check the front fender for a faint scratch across the top where the fender and nose touched during landings. :laugh:

:welcome: to the oRg. Beautiful ride.

i agree, sounds like some wheelies were done on the bike.

:welcome: nice ride! as mentioned above, most likely the previous owner loved to wheelie.:laugh:

Thanks guys. Enjoying her so far.

I have a booking with the Suzuki dealer to redo the forks early next week. They said something about new oil, seals etc etc. I'm asuming they're going to use stock factory parts.

One big difference I've noticed between this and the gixxer is the amount of heat around your legs. Is that due to the closed fairings of the bike only letting the heat out the bottom which then ends up on your legs? Should be pleasant in winter but right now it's pretty hot.

Wekom to the Org. Nice Busa!

If you ask me.. The nicest color they have built.

Not imported here in the Netherlands. :banghead:

:welcome: aboard. i agree that the headers look like they'd be with the full system, but the springs are all stock, except the exaust inlet springs. why wouldn't the others all have the yoshi springs there :dunno: nice bike

Good lookin scoot, something about that white. :thumbsup:
Definitely a full header back exhaust system, you can cut down the exhaust can too, drill the rivets and take a few inches out and put it back together, get a bit more noise.out of her.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Enjoying her so far.

I have a booking with the Suzuki dealer to redo the forks early next week. They said something about new oil, seals etc etc. I'm asuming they're going to use stock factory parts.

One big difference I've noticed between this and the gixxer is the amount of heat around your legs. Is that due to the closed fairings of the bike only letting the heat out the bottom which then ends up on your legs? Should be pleasant in winter but right now it's pretty hot.

Just one of those things that comes with a big motor. The heat sometimes is a pain. Riding boots help. Yes, thats a full yoshimura system. As in for sound, make sure it doesnt have the decibal killer installed on it.

Back