My New Busa...Changing Exhaust..

1Busa...it's a little too far for me..like 4hrs.. funny thing is I bought the bike not too far from them.....I trailered it home..

4 hours is too far .......:crazy: You do realize they Busa is a sport Touring motorcycle right? :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t wanna ride a Grom or 600 four hours but on a Busa that’s a drop in the bucket man!!! Where’s your sense of adventure!?!? Take that bike on a road trip and see what your made of :beerchug:

Hmmmmm.....I'll have to think about that..
I'm curious what's the farthest you've taken ur bike...?
The R1 I have I really don't like to drive more than an hour...

Lol...lol...lol...iron butt.? But ur right I should be representing the Steel City..!
That's it tomorrow I'm going for 1hr 15 min...lol..lol.lol...
Does it matter that I'm in my fifties.... probably not :)

I’ve ridden my Busa probably 5 or 600 miles in a day. Wasn’t really keeping track back then but I’ve been on it all day riding here and there just not straight highway riding tho. Ridden my Roadglide 1,100 miles in 1 day....

Lol...lol...lol...iron butt.? But ur right I should be representing the Steel City..!
That's it tomorrow I'm going for 1hr 15 min...lol..lol.lol...
Does it matter that I'm in my fifties.... probably not :)
Most of the guys on the Iron Butt forum are 60+ and retired. Those guys are ultra competitive and will ride 1,500+ miles a day for multiple days straight!!! So you can’t really use the “in my 50’s excuse” :laugh:

Last edited:
One of my quickest trips was from Costa Mesa,CA to Lake Havasu,AZ,300 miles in 2 hours and 50 minutes,and stopping twice for gas and a smoke.:laugh:Of course it was from 4:00 AM -7:00 AM out through the desert with no traffic and much of it cruising at 130 mph.:laugh::super:
Wow, how about fuel? Must've had some with you?

Left with a full tank,filled up again just before 1/2 way(truck stops scattered along the way)there and again just before I got there.Only close call was a coyote crossing in front of me,luckily he went one way and I leaned the other way(don't know what it would've done to the bike but pretty sure I would've just vaporized him at 130 mph+...glad I didn't have to find out:laugh:).

Nice bike ...if u lived here u be a hit with those Steeler colors...
I like that exhaust...talk about decisions decisions....
Thanks, I never thought about the colour being Steeler colours..always thought it looked like a big bee...
It is always a big decision to alter the appearance of a beloved bike...I like the Yosh design but it's not everyone's cup of tea..

Sure sounds like it. I hated being behind one
Fwiw I loved my Akropovic. Not too loud in town. Passed the local Lei's db meter. Throaty at full chat.
However I had to remove the mid pipe to do an oil change. If you are paying someone to do basic maintainence you may want to get one where nothing in the pipe has to come apart for things like an oil or filter change.

You'll get a bunch of different opinions. I really like the Hindle titanium full system on mine. Jay's Performance, who built the 1397, recommended it and I love the sound. Throaty and not obnoxiously loud.
Busa.JPG

Brock’s AH , 9 lbs., stock 48 lbs. Brock’s= Loud + hp gain with a good tune. Oil change, you must take out bottom bolt and loosen top bolts to slide out filter past oil
cooler. I like mine, the others mentioned are good also, I think Brock’s is a little cheaper new.

Yeah I can relate, I would be cruising to the city limits on my ZX9R and my R! buds would be wanting to take a break.
I bought a Harley to go to events with my Brother (a Fatboy fanatic) and 160 miles and my right leg was screaming from the air filter bulge but i can double that on my Busa before I even think of a break.

When doing a system swap you replace everything so dual or single is just your choice. I like the Yosh cause they have such a history with Suzuki (like the R77 on Yellow's or the newer R55) but Akrapovic is excellent too.
Brock's is louder but still good tone and top power.

Back