My New Busa...Changing Exhaust..

SteelCity15074

Registered
Well it's not brand new..new to me....2013
Anyway going to change the exhaust going to do it soon wanted to know what your recommendations were, this is my first motorcycle with dual exhaust... Can I still go for into one..?
Looking at Voodoo......Brock's.....
I'm also looking on here at the Forum categories to see what people use...
I guess my main thing is sound I just want something really loud.....
I drove a R1 for 20 years so I'm kind of new to the Busa thing....
Thanks For Any Info
YouTube sux for sound and trying to decide from there...

Stay away from “DooDoo” exhaust......

A quality 2 into 1 Pipe will drop weight and add HP. Gonna also need a tuner and high flow air filter. Plenty of brands to choose from just look through here and see what guys are running. Budget also plays a big factor. Could cost you $300 used up to $1500+ brand new.

You need to put together a plan of what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. Don’t wanna buy something only to change direction towards something else. Case in point if your after max HP performance you should lean towards exhausts that are designed for that. If you just want something that looks and sounds better and don’t care about HP that much wouldn’t make much sense to dump a ton of $$$ on a Pipe

Yoshimura has always been my favourite exhaust...you can get duel sets which are much lighter than the stock "water heater" exhaust. I have a Bazzaz programmer and K&N, previous owner dyno'd and tuned it so it is all set up. It puts out 186 RWHP and 116 ftlbs-more than enough.

Busa1..thanks
Horsepower is always a good thing if I can get horsepower and sound I guess that would be great sound is what I'm actually really going for, the Busa is so much more powerful than my R1, that I'm content with the speed and the power of the bike has now I definitely want to go four into 1 and you're right I hear mix reviews on Voodoo

Akrapovic 4-2-1 is my recommendation. It's tuned performance with a tame sound. Opens to loud when are hungry for it. But it won't be loud enough for u
If u want loud AF then go with one of the ones u mentioned.
Filter and tune and you'll be golden.

Or a cam, and big bore kit, and turbo...
Ok cool good luck lol

Welcome to our org bro

Fast Pace.... A turbo would be nice maybe for Christmas...lol....
I'll do some research on the pipe you recommended looks like I have some choices so far.....
Thanks

Yellow09,
So when you have dual exhaust you can keep the dual exhaust or go four into one am I right..
Thanks For Info...
A 4-1-2 exhaust is out there.
If you go 4-2-1 you save a pile of weight though, Mine has this and it is surprising how light it feels. The stock exhaust is HEAVY...almost had to use a wheel barrel to cart it around.

I like my Yosh, sounds mean on the idle and screams when the go fast handle is twisted. It has a deep sound with a slight raspy sound mixed in...it is a nice sound.

Yellow09
I'm thinking of looking it up on YouTube..with some good speakers...so I can get an idea of these pipes...I'll defenitely check out the Yosh...
I don't wanna lose any power with the new pipe...but really don't care if I don't gain any....

Just looking around..here are some...not sure bout the Vance&Hines looks like it comes out to dual exhaust...checking the price on Brocks ..Pirate...1Busa I looked at Voodoo just for price..why is Voodoo bad

Screenshot_20180916-212625.png

Screenshot_20180916-212612.png

Screenshot_20180916-212557.png

Does it matter....that I don't want to keep the dual exhaust..? I just like a single pipe ...

Already mentioned that a single side exhaust will free up weight and add HP. It’s been proven on the dyno and street time and time again.

Stay away from DooDoo exhaust and there’s no point in buying V&H headers when you still need a can. Voodoo exhausts are obnoxiously loud and sound like well..... DooDoo. Only people you see rocking those exhausts are squids that wanna be seen and heard riding in the city Revving the motor with a Green Mohawk helmet shorts and a tank top. Don’t be that guy!!!

Yoshimura
Akrapovich
Brock’s
HMF
Arrow

Are quality brand exhausts

1Busa...it's a little too far for me..like 4hrs.. funny thing is I bought the bike not too far from them.....I trailered it home..

Yellow09.... right now I'm listening to them and checking out what they look like with some decent speakers hooked up.
( Driving gf crazy..lol.)

Yellow09.... right now I'm listening to them and checking out what they look like with some decent speakers hooked up.
( Driving gf crazy..lol.)
I would imagine it would drive her crazy...nothing like the sound of a screaming bike to sooth....

Here is a shot of the Yoshimura single on mine. Full exhaust with carbon can.

2009 Hayabusa.jpg

Back