New Busa - Change To HIDs

jchbusa

Registered
Hi all

Been riding Busa's for the last 11 years and thought a change to something different so...
After owning my GSXR1000R for 3 days before never seeing it again in March this year and that fact that the Gen3 won't be around for another 2 years I started a search for the newest Busa I could find.

Found a 2018 with 170 miles on the clock :-)

So my question is that I want to go full LED/HID headlights but found a lot of conflicting issues with LEDs so though stick with HIDs.
I know that I want 6.5K and that I need a H7/H9 setup but cannot find somewhere to just buy a set that has one of each. All i can see is that they come in pairs :-(

Anyone got any links to places that do these combinations or any more info?

#Headlights ~ #HIDvsLED ~ #WhatWorksBest ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I run leds in my bike and have never had any problems and have great down road light the high beam is bright but I never have to use it as my running beam is so bright. JForgot which brand I got but they do have cooling fans and I personally like the fact that I dont have alot of extra wire and ballast to deal with. My buddy has HID set up and his are just as bright but he has had to replace the ballast once.

Hi all

Been riding Busa's for the last 11 years and thought a change to something different so...
After owning my GSXR1000R for 3 days before never seeing it again in March this year and that fact that the Gen3 won't be around for another 2 years I started a search for the newest Busa I could find.

Found a 2018 with 170 miles on the clock :-)

So my question is that I want to go full LED/HID headlights but found a lot of conflicting issues with LEDs so though stick with HIDs.
I know that I want 6.5K and that I need a H7/H9 setup but cannot find somewhere to just buy a set that has one of each. All i can see is that they come in pairs :-(

Anyone got any links to places that do these combinations or any more info?

I bought those last year and rode 1 season with it. They are plug and play. No issues so far and very bright. (much better than stock obviously.) Hope that helps!

Back