exhaust?

smokie300z

Registered
had a question about the exhaust,just got an 09 busa and was thinking vance&hines or brocks. Im looking for good performance and sound but not stupid loud. btw im new here and so far this site seems to help alot,
Thanks

Welcome to the oRg! There are so many exhaust systems to choose from. If you want performance and sound, get the brocks. if you wanta good mellow sound that is throaty, and I think you can remove the baffles if you want more, get the Yoshies. Are you wanting slip on's or a full system? Also check out Akprovic and M4. :welcome:

i was jsut gonna get slip ons for now and do the full system later if possible unless i can find a full setup in my price range.

:welcome: to the .oRg
There's a couple of things you need to consider. 99% of full systems are single can only so you'll lose your dual pipe setup. Some people prefer this and some people don't (myself included.) As for the Brocks they're really intended for racing and are VERY loud. The Yoshi's Akprovic, M4, and Vance and Hines pipes come in some more tame models that are good for street/race. If you're looking for pure performance though you can't go wrong with the Brocks Alienhead setup.

Don't overlook Ti force, my full dual system with 480mm cans only weighs 6.5.kilos (14.5lbs.) sounds great with good hp gains. They make 4 into 1 systems also with different type and length cans for different sound levels. Very pleased with mine..:thumbsup:

Don't overlook Ti force, my full dual system with 480mm cans only weighs 6.5.kilos (14.5lbs.) sounds great with good hp gains. They make 4 into 1 systems also with different type and length cans for different sound levels. Very pleased with mine..:thumbsup:

Is that Gen I only because I've been looking to get a dual full system from Yoshi and haven't been able to find any.

Is that Gen I only because I've been looking to get a dual full system from Yoshi and haven't been able to find any.

To get a full dual exhaust from Yoshimura you have to buy the universal stainless steel header from Vance and Hines. It works with ALL slip on mufflers, even the stock ones. The downside is price, the header is $400 to $450, and Yoshimura slip ons run $500 to $900, depending on model and finish. This setup is not supposed to make as much hp as the Yoshimura full R77 exhaust either, which is only a single muffler.
Yoshimura slip ons are great, and supposedly make about 2hp by themselves, they are also usually easy to find used in good shape, which can save you up to half price.
I'm still thinking about going this route myself, and there's been several sets of Yosh slip ons here sold used at good deals lately. If you search for the V&H header here, you'll find a few posts, as a couple members have this setup. V&H wants $450, but one of the sponsors had them a while back for $400.:thumbsup:

My wife just put the M4 full 4-2-1 system on her bike and loves it!!!!! Real mellow sound, like a supped up WRX STI.

Dauphin Island, Jules Busa Party 001.JPG

Dauphin Island, Jules Busa Party 001.JPG

had a question about the exhaust,just got an 09 busa and was thinking vance&hines or brocks. Im looking for good performance and sound but not stupid loud. btw im new here and so far this site seems to help alot,
Thanks

:hello: Wil....:welcome: to the org!

The search for an exhaust can be tedious and exhausting :laugh:

It really boils down to personal preference, as most of the big named manufactures are really putting out quality products and it's hard to go wrong w/ any choice. Obviously as you mentioned the V&H CS system is nice as are any of the Brocks.

Personally I have a full M4 and I like Tsukigi as well. Good luck doing the research is half the fun!

Nope Gen II, Yoshi does not make a full dual system. Ti force, Akropovic, and maybe Bkocks make full dual systems, don't know of anyone else..

Dont forget the HMF dual high mount.The tips of the exhaust can be interchangeable too.:thumbsup:

Well i think i will go with the 20" alien head street meg,from what i can tell i'll get more power out of it. Thanks again for all the ideas :bowdown:

i was jsut gonna get slip ons for now and do the full system later if possible unless i can find a full setup in my price range.

what's your price range? I got a r77 full system in the classifieds you can shoot me an offer on. I've got crappy pics up tho, need to take some more.

Back