My job situation

It's a shame,but be thankful they didn't jsut lay you of and hired a guy to drive a lift. Which probably would of been less then they paying you.

You have an income now at least while you job hunt. Better then a lot of people out there.

I know exactly how you feel. I took a $3.74 paycut at the beginning of june and they got rid of 4 hours of overtime that was pretty much gauranteed, so I ended up losing about $650/month. Hang in there it will turn around, hopefully sooner rather than later.

They have already cut every body's hours to 28 to 35 a week. Right now I am the lowest paid fork lift driver there. They want me out because I caught a higher up doing coke in the parts room when I was in maintenence. To top it off I have to be at work in less then 3 hours. I haven't even slept yet.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I had to take a 40% pay cut in 2000, and a $25k/year pay cut back in 2002. It took over 5 years to get back that money. It will get better. Just smile and remember that it's better to loose a little money than to loose everything.

Back