May lose job again....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Welcome to the painful world of aircraft... Lets see with just over 19 years of service in this field here we go again! If my memory serves correct this could be the sixth time getting laid off in my wonderful career choice. But, I guess such is life. Might be searching the local job market again in the next couple of months....

THE STORY HERE... sad.gif

That's tough
sad.gif
, last time Big Dog Motorcycles picked up a bunch of their engineers and really made a go in the Motorcycle Industry. Hope you find another job (in Aviation) in the US. But look at it this way, you can NOW think about what you really want to do, and GO FOR IT
cool.gif

Come on down to Ponca, and I feed you one of my 16oz Sirloins ! That should put at least a
biggrin.gif
on your face. And just think, YOU'LL get to me ME ! So PM me if you do and I give directions, time and place
wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I know how you feel. I just got laid off from Delta with 8 years working for them. I've only been doing this for 10 years now and this is the second time I've been cut. I hope you get through this without being cut. Next week I start the fun of trying to find a new job.

Best of luck to you.

I just got laid off also here in the Motor City...things are getting a little rough, this is my first layoff ever in architectural services, 22 years now. Outsourcing, building plants overseas & in other countries, foreign competition, down sizing...what a mess! Things were so much better in the Reagan & Clinton years. Oh well! I may leave the state, may have no choice! U R not alone!

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145399322 -->

Welcome to the painful world of aircraft... Lets see with just over 19 years of service in this field here we go again! If my memory serves correct this could be the sixth time getting laid off in my wonderful career choice. But, I guess such is life. Might be searching the local job market again in the next couple of months....

THE STORY HERE... sad.gif
Don't feel bad bug...I choose the same career field...almost 25 years of precision sheet metal fab and close tolerance machining...worked for Pratt&Whiney aircraft twice..'87-'91 and '97-'01...Large Military Jet Engine R&D and J-58 (SR-71 Blackbird) O&R...laid off the first time right after getting the first STOL Vectoring nozzles to work and fly on F-15 Strike Eagles....the second time was right after developing the F-119 Joint Strike Fighter Engine and the Vectoring Nozzles for the F-22 Raptor....and the 2nd time wasn't a lay-off...it was a plant shutdown...as they completely shut down large military jet engine developement..3,000+ lost their jobs..and I was one of the last 4 outta there...extended a month at a time for 18 months..till they got what they needed to move to conneticut..and in between my two tours of P&WA?..I supervised an FAA Licensed O&R shop for commercial jet engines...for 4 years..and then in the 5th year?...some disadvantaged business woman bought the place and it went from over 300 highly skilled happy working employees to a total of 25..AFTER the biotch took full advantage of cashing in all her disadvantaged business woman government grants...nice eh?....and about a year ago?...I got blown out of Piper Aircraft in vero beach, fl.....was just getting ready to report back to work after hurricane francise and then here came hurricane jeane...which wiped out 2/3rds of the facility...and my temp. furlow from francise became a permanent lay-off after jeane..

Bug....if you're interested?..pm me what it is you do...I now work for a privately owned shop..small but...all high end shid....Navsea, Teledyne, Homeland Security, Lockheed Martin...owner only hires high end crack machinists/fabbers..if ya fit the bill and can handle southeast florida drop me a line...I'll put a plug in for ya and hand deliver a resum'e.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sorry to hear  
sad.gif

I to am feeling a pinch.  The FAA, Marion Blakey, is planning on a considerable pay cut for new Air Traffic Controllers and a pay cut for us current ones.  Its a long story but it seems Bush's administration is determined to privatize the entire air traffic system!!  Very scarey!  Everyone knows your talented and intelligent people WILL not work for pennies and that will leave substandard controllers working for 1/2 the pay.  And run by a company whos #1 goal is profit than safety.  If it gets that bad, no way will I fly anymore, no way.

Hopefully, a president who is against privatizing is elected next to keep this from happening.  I don't care what party he's in...

What is really maddening is the fact that the FAA is lying to the public about what controllers make and situation of the system.

If they told us simply that we'd have to take a pay cut because tax payers can't afford it, ok, that sucks but I understand.

But to justify what the FAA is doing with lies and deceit is really maddening!! They're calling THEIR plan an agreement, we(controllers) are not agreeing, the FAA is imposing their new policy! Even though the FAA signed a document saying a new contract could only take effect with both parties in agreement.

I guess the FAA can break its own rules....

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145413662 -->

Sorry to hear  
sad.gif

I to am feeling a pinch.  The FAA, Marion Blakey, is planning on a considerable pay cut for new Air Traffic Controllers and a pay cut for us current ones.  Its a long story but it seems Bush's administration is determined to privatize the entire air traffic system!!  Very scarey!  Everyone knows your talented and intelligent people WILL not work for pennies and that will leave substandard controllers working for 1/2 the pay.  And run by a company whos #1 goal is profit than safety.  If it gets that bad, no way will I fly anymore, no way.

Hopefully, a president who is against privatizing is elected next to keep this from happening.  I don't care what party he's in...

What is really maddening is the fact that the FAA is lying to the public about what controllers make and situation of the system.

If they told us simply that we'd have to take a pay cut because tax payers can't afford it, ok, that sucks but I understand.

But to justify what the FAA is doing with lies and deceit is really maddening!!  They're calling THEIR plan an agreement, we(controllers) are not agreeing, the FAA is imposing their new policy!  Even though the FAA signed a document saying a new contract could only take effect with both parties in agreement.

I guess the FAA can break its own rules....
Yeah....that's freaking rich...according to our dictorial smoke blowing politicians taxpayers can't afford quality air service anymore...gee...I guess it couldn't possibly have anything to do with their fat porky azzs robbing us blind..well...not blind...not anymore...he11...now that they know we won't do a damn thing they rob us right in front of our faces...fighting wars in two contries and congress take a 2 week easter vacation?....almost 3 years and our boys in the sandbox can't get armor but bush can build his daddy an aircraft carrier?...cause he retired the kennedy?...meanwhile the arab emirates can guard our ports while the chinese make sure no nukes slip into the good o'le USA...there's great Homeland Security for ya! LOL!!!

"War Today"

Hey man! Why you invad'in and shoot'in at me?

Cause my president says you suck and that if I love god and my country that I should pop a cap in that azz.

Well what sorta damn religion is that?

Democracy...and you're gett'in a good dose of it like it or not.

But wait?...you people gotz reps and dems right?

Yep.

Well we gotz Sheites and Sunnis...ain't that a democracy?

Bang!....yeah...but now it's better balanced.

='s Freedom Fighter?
rock.gif

I feel for you Sonny. Bad stuff happening to good people.I'll never figure it out.

You are a class act and will get picked up by another company.

Its their loss,another company's gain.

Wish you all the best Sonny. Andy.

Sorry to hear about the job but keep your head up.

oh yea go see DACol he a really cool guy, hey DACOL how are you doing

biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear that Sonny. That is bad thing with Boeing great pay but always the chance of layoff looming over your head. Only half way good side is that the other aviation companies in Wichita are expanding and needing people. Probably not on the same pay level but nice to know there is some options out there.

I feel for you Sonny. Bad stuff happening to good people.I'll never figure it out.

Wish you all the best Sonny.    Andy.
+1

I'm with me bruver here, KS...it sucks to see bad things happen to good people.

Why's it always gotta be like that?
sad.gif

+1

sad.gif
+2

So sorry that you have to go through this all over again~

Keep your spirits up... hopefully someone will see what a great asset you are for their company sooner or later~
wink.gif

+1

sad.gif
+2

So sorry that you have to go through this all over again~

Keep your spirits up... hopefully someone will see what a great asset you are for their company sooner or later~
wink.gif
+3

I watched my father go through potential lay off after lay off as a kid...the worry that puts a person through probably takes years off a life
sad.gif

Here's to hope you don't make that cut Sonny
beerchug.gif
and let's hope the industry takes an upturn soon for all those being affected right now
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

as a graduate of Embry-Riddle Areonautical University with a Commmercial Instrument Multi-Engine rateing...my carrer choice was not to be in the aviation industry!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words and advice! I'm really just venting, seems I go through this every few years... Unfortunately I'm rooted in Ks folks. My youngest is only ten and I couldn't imagine being without him or my two older daughters! So, its back to the drawing board.... Good news is I still have a job. Now I have to wait and see if I'm employed or not. Going to have to take DaCol up on the steak offer, just need to find sometime.

As a veteran of three layoffs in my career in the tech industry, I feel your pain.

Best wishes for your future. Try to keep a positive outlook.

Back