My illegal license plate bracket...

It's illegal in VA because it's not mounted horizontally...plus, there's no light to illuminate it at night...I'll just duct tape a flash light there!  
laugh.gif
Good lookin' bike there Michelle. I like it. I would love to just simply say... "F*ck the police!", but I don't want to offend any of OUR boys in blue on the site. Some laws and regulations, in my opinion, are stupid. I would tell you to leave it like that. I feel just like Jw feels. Probably a true asswipe will pull you over for it.

Brian

It's illegal in VA because it's not mounted horizontally...plus, there's no light to illuminate it at night...I'll just duct tape a flash light there!  
laugh.gif
Good lookin' bike there Michelle.  I like it.  I would love to just simply say... "F*ck the police!", but I don't want to offend any of OUR boys in blue on the site.  Some laws and regulations, in my opinion, are stupid.  I would tell you to leave it like that.  I feel just like Jw feels.  Probably a true asswipe will pull you over for it.

Brian
Brian...We all know that you carry a roll of Charmins under our rear seat...

Anyway the setup looks good...The only problem is PoPo don't like flexing the neck muscles to peep out the plates...
evil.gif

BTW Michelle, what kind of helmet is that?
rock.gif
It's an HJC C-14...I bought it because it had pretty good vents along the top and sides...it's still hot in the summer, but I'm not giving it up...

As for the cops? I'm not worried about them until I get pulled...I've already shown it to the second in command at the local Sheriff's department, and he liked it! Maybe he'll be my "get out of jail free" card!
tounge.gif

Vabusa, there are tagbolts available that have built-in LED lights into them for the purpose of illuminating the plate and can be used for your situation. I'll try and find out where to get'em.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081825205 -->

Looks nice Michelle.
beerchug.gif

I've done metal fab and machinist work before, so tell your Hubby...Good Work!

Michelle,
Looks great! Tell hubbie good job. I know it's prolly too late but do you have anypicts of just the bracket alone?

BTW - Read my title!

VaBusa that looks good. Are you going to the TOD ride in a few days? I will see you there if you are.
MAN Bacharles you cant say stuff like that about the cops on here. Ya say stuff like bad cop no donut and they get all it a whirl. Every other person on here must be a cop. I think all the bad guys must hang out over on that other page.
laugh.gif

Michelle,,,What you said about not being able to pull you over is right, but you can still be ticketed for it. Here in SC, theres numerous laws considered "secondary" and not "primary". meaning: if we pull you over for a "primary" offense, such as speeding, you could also be ticketed for the tag or any other secondary infraction. However not having the tag light here in SC is a primary offense. amazing what you can in cars pulled for that infraction. Not sure the law there, but i'd bet it is something similar. Good luck with whatever you choose.

P

VaBusa that looks good. Are you going to the TOD ride in a few days? I will see you there if you are.
MAN Bacharles you cant say stuff like that about the cops on here. Ya say stuff like bad cop no donut and they get all it a whirl. Every other person on here must be a cop. I think all the bad guys must hang out over on that other page.
laugh.gif
I can't make it to Deal's Gap this year...too much to organize with two little ones running around...

You guys all have fun though...get lots of pics!

Michelle,
Looks great!  Tell hubbie good job.  I know it's prolly too late but do you have anypicts of just the bracket alone?

BTW - Read my title!
Hey Mikey...

I should have taken pics before we mounted the plate, but I AM an idiot! (hence the 'Village Idiot' title I carry)

Love your new title!!!
tounge.gif

I'll try to get some shots sometime...he made the bracket from 3 pieces he cut, then welded them together, drilled the frame and put it all on...I'm very happy with the overall looks, and he saved me a ton of money...the brackets I've found that are comparable are $150+

Nice azz bike ya got there....
smile.gif

Does the plate drag or hit the ground in the tight twisties?  It looks like it would but pictures can be deceiving so I thought I'd ask.

Happy Riddin'
Wupatki

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back