My girl ninja 250

wht_scorpion

Registered
I went to where the bike are park and there a puddle under her bike so I smell it gas. So I look at the oil glass window and it full. Smell the oil it smells like gas. Im like wtf it is a 09 250 ninja with 2000 miles on it. So I look at the gas tank switch and there are 2 setting on and prime it on the on. So I drained the oil out and put fresh in just did a oil change 2 weeks ago and put a new K-N oil filter in it. What could of cause this kawi to leak gas in to the case.

If it was left on prime fuel will continue to flow into the bowls. Make sure it was in the "On" position. If was already in the on position, you have other issues.

You should verify that one or both of the cylinders is not full of fuel. If it is cranked over like that you could bend one of the rods.... and you will have bigger problems.

if she overfilled it at the gas station it could just be overflow - sometimes gas gets stuck in the overflow tube and dumps when the engine is turned off.

I would take it to a shop. There has to be something pretty major wrong. I wouldn't try to start it either.

As far as it being a Kawi, they didn't sell 40 trillion of those bike by them being garbage.

Good luck, and keep us posted..

I would take it to a shop. There has to be something pretty major wrong. I wouldn't try to start it either.

As far as it being a Kawi, they didn't sell 40 trillion of those bike by them being garbage.

Good luck, and keep us posted..

maybe they did.....it kept breaking down, so you buy another one, and another one, and another one..............etc

My girl went and got a new oil filter and the guy at the shop she went to said he had a 09 ninja 250 with the same problem there. He changing the float valve. I flush out the old oil and put new in. Her air breather tube for the gas tank was bent I fix it.

It was always in the on position

Then I would expect that floats are stuck and the jets are not closing. Have them checked by a reputable mechanic. It should be an easy fix. I had a similar issue with Juli's Katana and had them rebuilt. Not sure about your area, but my guy rebuilt the carbs and re-jetted for a slip on and also did the pair valve on the Katana for around 300.

Sounds like the petcock stuck open. It is supposed to close when the engine is off, and stop the low of fuel to the carbs. For some reason it did not, and when it stuck, the carbs overflowed into the engine. Vacuum is supposed to pull it open. Maybe a piece of dirt or something stuck it??

I change the oil it sat for 3 days and it did it again. So I pulled the hose off the carb and I had it on position and guess what it was leaking so I put in the prime position and it poured out. So it happen to be the petcock piss me off the bike has really low mileage and kawi suc but me girl wanted and ninja oh man. I have to get a rebuild kit for it does any one know where I can get one. And another thing it whistles when the gas tank vents. Im trying to talk her in to a gxsr 600

My 08 250 did it also, the floats are stuck.
So basically the carbs need to be cleaned!

Back