Ninja 250 key problems continue

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
So we lost the keys to the baby ninja after we got home from the bash. I pulled the ignition and had it rekeyed at a locksmith and all seemed fine. Then we tried to put some gas in it while we were out riding. Not happening. I took it back to the locksmith he says he cant do anything about it. Dealer cant do anything. Soooooooooo. I ordered a new cylinder and key for the gas cap. I need to drill the old one out and have never done it before. Any tips?

100_0458__Medium_.jpg

Ive drilled locks out before but never on a bike. I had no worries if I failed. I cant remember step two though. I THINK all you have to do is drill out the tumblers and any key will turn it then
winkold.gif

that locksmith should have info on this. call another one. he should atlest be able to tell you where and how far to drill and what step 2 would be

locksmith can not open the thing? crud I have had no problem at all picking bike locks and I am not even good at it..

You don't have to drill it all the way through. Just drill the tumblers out and you can open it with a screw driver. Try it on a old door lock deadbolt first or a padlock.

U might wanna be carefull if you drill all the way, the metal shavings will fall in the tank which is probably bad
you wouldnt have to drill all the way through to the fuel. I would be hesitant to no matter how many door knobs or deadbolts ive drilled. cause what IF ............

my lock guy makes keys for bikes from the gas tank lock. he picks them, opens them, takes them apart and makes a key from what he sees in the tank lock....the key works first try in the ingnition and I,ve seen him do it on 3 different bikes so far. Try a different lock guy. At least call around.

my lock guy makes keys for bikes from the gas tank lock. he picks them, opens them, takes them apart and makes a key from what he sees in the tank lock....the key works first try in the ingnition and I,ve seen him do it on 3 different bikes so far. Try a different lock guy. At least call around.
+1

Back