My Gen2 Blues, my dealer suks!

Wsup John?

Mine is my lady, no one else allowed to touch her. When we had the rectifier recall, no dealer was willing to supply the part so I can do it myself, only time it ever went back to a dealer and I stood by watching every move the mechanic made.

Do you know exactly what they replaced for the ABS recall? I would personally go through every piece the mechanic touched.

Yes i know exactly what was done, and know for sure the Mechanic just does not know how to bleed the system correctly.
Now the bike are not the dealers main concern, but they do have ASE certified techs that could im sure offer there input for the repair.
I know what needs to be done, but what about the other 4 new Busa's they still have for sale.
Someone could get seriously injured!

Wsup John?

Mine is my lady, no one else allowed to touch her. When we had the rectifier recall, no dealer was willing to supply the part so I can do it myself, only time it ever went back to a dealer and I stood by watching every move the mechanic made.

Do you know exactly what they replaced for the ABS recall? I would personally go through every piece the mechanic touched.

Sorry you've not had a smooth birth for the new baby, but I know you're just the doctor to fix that girl up!

Just no time to work on it!
Too many other bikes to work on.
The whole point of this bike, was to RIDE IT, not WRENCH ON IT!
Sorry you've not had a smooth birth for the new baby, but I know you're just the doctor to fix that girl up!

Well a week after i picked the bike from the dealer, i finally had time to work on it.

I took the tank off, and literally it took me about a half hour to completely bleed the brakes correctly!

I have no idea why the mechanic at the dealership couldn't do it correctly, but fug em!

Well a week after i picked the bike from the dealer, i finally had time to work on it.

I took the tank off, and literally it took me about a half hour to completely bleed the brakes correctly!

I have no idea why the mechanic at the dealership couldn't do it correctly, but fug em!

Dealership ??? mechanic :laugh: those two words do not belong in the same sentence. :rofl:

RSD.

I took my bike to the dealer to do the recall on Saturday It took them 2.5 hours to do. The tech took it on a 15 mile test/joy ride. The breaks seem different to me, they are a lot softer and the breaking sucks. I didn't really notice until I had to break hard. I can pull the front break all the way down to the handle. This doesn't seem right to me. the thing that sucks the most is that the dealer is 1.5 hours away.

I took my bike to the dealer to do the recall on Saturday It took them 2.5 hours to do. The tech took it on a 15 mile test/joy ride. The breaks seem different to me, they are a lot softer and the breaking sucks. I didn't really notice until I had to break hard. I can pull the front break all the way down to the handle. This doesn't seem right to me. the thing that sucks the most is that the dealer is 1.5 hours away.

What I'd like to think happened: They just adjusted your brake lever closer to the bar, and its a 2 second fix.

What I'd bet actually happened: They did a crap job bleeding the brakes, and it needs to be done again.

Agree with Flicka,...

You should have it looked at ASAP or fix it yourself. Something is clearly NOT correct with what they did...

man, im glad i dont have to deal with that. i would not trust my local shop to do the repair either. Im sorry to hear you guys having troubles with such a simple task. Heck, when i bled my brakes from putting on SS lines I did not spill a drop of fluid. That stuff will tear up some paint in a hurry.

Glad to hear you got the short bus going...and now stopping, john.

This all sounds like it sucks. It takes me half an hour to correctly bleed brakes on a full size car or truck. How hard could it be on a bike. Dealerships r the worst and a con I know I used to own a mechanic shop and had to deal with them all the time ase certified mechanics don't know jack its all about experience. At the parts store they sell a tool that bleeds the brakes properly it a sort of vacume tool it comes with clear rubber hoses and a cup to put brake fluid in so no air is accidentaly sucked in while ur bleeding the brakes I often used it to totaly chamge the brake fluid in cars I'm sure it will work for motorcycles

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but if its the new one with abs, its not just as simple as bleeding the brakes like normal, the abs system has to be activated/cycled to remove the air from the abs valve block. To do this from what I understand is that the Suzuki scan tool is needed to cycle the abs system. so even if you get the brakes bled normally there may be air still in the system that may not show up until an abs stop is performed and at that point the brakes will not function properly. It always sucks to have to take to a dealer for a recall with an incompetent technician. but I would suggest another dealer there has to be a decent one somewhere in your area.

its really not that difficult but the tech needs to be aware that that's what needs to be done, he may not understand completely how the abs system works and that is unfortunate because the dealer is the one that's supposed to know these things.

Sounds like a brake recall, for safety reasons and after tended to by unqualified mechanics the safety risk is even higher.

I wonder of Suzuki knows about what is happening in the workshops?

Stealerships suk, bring it here ill fix it!
Sounds like a brake recall, for safety reasons and after tended to by unqualified mechanics the safety risk is even higher.

I wonder of Suzuki knows about what is happening in the workshops?

I had mine done yesterday. All in it took the dealer 2hrs to replace the module and bleed the brakes and mine was the first one they have done. The mechanic did say bleeding the front was a pain. I guess they normally use a bleeder kit but he said they had to manually do it this time and thats what took them a little longer. I don't know I have always used the old rubber hose and a mason jar anyways.

Very cool! Glad all is well!
I had mine done yesterday. All in it took the dealer 2hrs to replace the module and bleed the brakes and mine was the first one they have done. The mechanic did say bleeding the front was a pain. I guess they normally use a bleeder kit but he said they had to manually do it this time and thats what took them a little longer. I don't know I have always used the old rubber hose and a mason jar anyways.

After all the trouble people are having with their dealers on the recall, I'll wait a while to have mine done. I don't believe that all have the same problem.

Back