another lame question

joncook06

Registered
I finally got my rims put on but now i need to bleed the brakes. Its been forever and i don't remember how. I know i open the bleeder and pump the brakes, but then do i keep pumping till fluid comes out and tighten the bleeder, then release the brake lever.???

Bleeder Valve Closed

Pump Brakes and hold Lever

Open Bleeder Valve and release air

Close Bleeder Valve

Pump up Brakes again

Open Bleeder Valve and release air

Continue this until no air comes out of the Bleeder Valve

It will take quite a while.

One other thing,

Keep an eye on your resevoirs, You dont want to run them dry and suck more air into the lines and get to start all over. :banghead:

I use a hand held pump ...wire tie the lever open and pump the fluid down and keep pouring fresh in the top until you get no air..

I always used a piece of rubber hose ran from the bleeder valve on the caliper back into the master cylinder so whatever was pumped out just flows back into the top. And if you can find clear tubing then you can see the air bubbles ans they exit.

I always used a piece of rubber hose ran from the bleeder valve on the caliper back into the master cylinder so whatever was pumped out just flows back into the top. And if you can find clear tubing then you can see the air bubbles ans they exit.

Very good pointer. If I may add a little to it. You may not wanna run it directly back into the reservoir without running some through the tubing first to clean out the debris so you dont get a load of crap in your fluids.

Back