My free hayabusa

Congrats on a free bike! Sounds like you are level headed person, and have the right attitude. What's you wife thinking about you going to the dark side? It is a serious question. The outcome did affect many marriages.

Easy does it when it comes to bikes, especially to this one. Baby steps, baby steps, and very gradually. You will love it!

Best of luck to you! And be safe. When uncontrollable desires possess you, remember there is always another turn, another straightaway, another ride, and another season.

Trade it into a dealer and pick up a Ninja 250, or perhaps something in the 600 range. If you are worrying about gas money, the repair bill, let alone the insurance on the Busa is probably going to own you.

Congrats on a free bike! Sounds like you are level headed person, and have the right attitude. What's you wife thinking about you going to the dark side? It is a serious question. The outcome did affect many marriages.

Easy does it when it comes to bikes, especially to this one. Baby steps, baby steps, and very gradually. You will love it!

Best of luck to you! And be safe. When uncontrollable desires possess you, remember there is always another turn, another straightaway, another ride, and another season.

Hey ig thanks for the support. The wife is extrodanaraly supportive she knows with every big decission i make i thorughly investigate it. And i agree that this is a very dangerous bike and i dont ever subcome to pier pressure. I totaly agree baby steps thats why im probably not even gonna ride it until next year after the classes and after i learn on a practice bike. Thats the goal. Slow and steady wins the race.

Smart move....in the mean time get that bike inspected from top to bottom nothing left unturned so to speak. A wrecked bike hold a lot of secrets!!! Dont be the one to find out that the machine is haunted.

Looks like a good project bike. Sounds like an 1100 Katana I bought from one of my best friends after he totalled it T-boning a deer about 60mph down near Bend. Or. Sold it to me for $1,000 and all it mostly needed was plastic. Insurance paid him a totalled amount and I paid him that amount and spent another $500 or so to get a new cowling. Rode it that way for year, before naked bikes were cool (probabaly set the trend, lol!) and sold it for around $2k. Not a bad deal all around, it scooted pretty well, hit 160 indicated in MT once.

Well todays the day. Gonna dig the bike out of the garage and its going straight to the shop to get checked out. Sould i start a new post with pics or just continue with this one.

Last edited:
I didn't have the time or help I needed to move the bike today but I did get some new pics. I'm gonna post them soon.

new pics the girl is my wife.

20130828_221955.jpg

20130828_222005.jpg

20130828_222019.jpg

20130828_222145.jpg

after seeing the csc powersports logo this leads me to believe that you are in the chicago area...i used to work there long before they closed down. if you are in the area id be more than happy to teach out how to ride and look over your busa too. pm me if interested

after seeing the csc powersports logo this leads me to believe that you are in the chicago area...i used to work there long before they closed down. if you are in the area id be more than happy to teach out how to ride and look over your busa too. pm me if interested

that sounds cool as soon as i get it running

good news is i finally got. bad news is the rear swing arm is bent. check the photos i appreaciate the advise.

20130904_155702.jpg

20130904_153842.jpg

20130904_153822.jpg

20130904_153816.jpg

ummm that thing is in rough and i mean rough shape. The frame needs inspected swingarm obviously is garbage tank i bet the cluster stay and frame work is bent if not broken.....lot of money and work.

I've heard taking the tank off and pulling everything out of it sealing it and filling it with water put it in the freezer and it will pop the dents out! This is what I've heard as a method. Maybe some can confirm!

sometimes that can work. But that tank will never be the same.most times it warps or bursts in a different area

Back